SolVin adds clay to PVC
- RusVinyl commences PVC production in Russia. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Oct2014, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p78
The article reports that RusVinyl, a joint venture created by petrochemicals company Sibur and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin producer SolVin, has commenced PVC production at a facility in Kstovo, Russia.
- SolVin Plans PVC and VCM Plant Closures. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/2/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 22, p6
Reports on plans of SolVin PLC, a leading European polyvinyl chloride (PVC) producer, to close a PVC plant and a vinyl chloride monomer unit at Ludwig-Donau-Main Canal, Germany. Reason for the plant closure and unit shutdown decision; Expansion of other SolVin facilities; Total annual capacity...
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;8/4/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 29, p23
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry on August 4, 1999. Start of operations of Solvin, the polyvinyl chloride joint venture between Solvay and BASF; Schedule of completion of Uniroyal Chemical's toluene diisocyanate plant at Latina, Italy.
- Solving chlorine transportation. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/12/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 8, Special section p16
Focuses on key factors contributing to the success of chemical firm Solvin PLC located at the Port of Antwerp, Belgium. Worth of turnover; Role of Solvin's Antwerp site as a central storage depot for caustic soda; Self-loading installation for road transportation; Existence of pipeline networks....
- Solvay and Arkema Disentangle Vinyls Joint Ventures in France and Spain. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;7/5/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 16, p17
The article reports that SolVin and Arkema both purchased back their shares in their vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) and polyvinyl chloride (PVC) production joint ventures in France and Spain.
- SolVin Plans PVDC Expansion in France. // Chemical Week;10/3/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 32, p21
The article deals with the plan of SolVin to build an additional polyvinylidene chloride (PVDC) latex line at the company's Tavaux, France site. It will have a capacity of 10,000 m.t./year and is expected to be operational by mid-2009. SolVin says it will continue to assess opportunities to...
- SolVin and Sibur to build PVC plant. Bains, Elizabeth // ICIS Chemical Business;7/2/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 73, p50
The article reports on a joint venture between SolVin and Sibur Holding to build and operate a $875 million integrated vinyl plant in Kstovo, Russia. It is observed that the operation is expected to begin in 2010. It is noted that initially the facility will produce 330,000 tonnes of polyvinyl...
- Switch to PVC enables easier recycling of sacks. // Packaging Magazine;5/27/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p11
Reports on the initiative of SolVin PLC to use PVC Eco-Bag at its resin plant and other production sites in Europe. Reason for switching from polyethylene to PVC sacks; Usability of the PVC Eco-Bag; Benefits of using the PVC sacks.
- SolVin to grant PVC awards. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;3/22/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2092, p26
Announces the launch of the 2004 PVC Innovation awards of SolVin company. Purpose of the award.