- Fire Protection, Detection & Controls. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Nov97, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p83
Lists companies in the United States that offer fire protection, detection, and control systems. Actuating devices; Controls and fire monitoring; Voice evacuation and firefighters communication equipment; Fire extinguishing systems.
- Boats, planes and . . . // Fire Safety Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the installation of portable fire extinguishing systems by the member companies of the British Fire Consortium in Great Britain. Maintenance of the portable fire extinguishers at Newquay Airport by Classic Fire; Involvement of Monarch Fire in airfield fire safety; Placement of...
- WHY DO WE DO THAT? Montagna, Frank C. // Fire Engineering;Apr2006, Vol. 159 Issue 4, p159
The article presents questions and answers related to fire prevention. A question asks on where to place a home smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Another question asks why not to turn off the gas main valves. Finally, another question asks why is it being warned to position oneself between a...
- 'Clean' Fire Protection Has Become The Rule. Emrich, Anne Bond // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/1/2004, Vol. 22 Issue 45, pB5
Reports on the changes in fire detection equipment and fire suppression as seen by Darrel Thomas, owner of Vanguard Fire & Security Inc. in Michigan. Reasons for clean agent fire suppression systems as high priority; Services being provided by Vanguard; Examples of system and equipment being...
- A big part of the team. Jelenewicz, Chris // PM Engineer;May2012, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the role of fire protection engineers (FPE) in the design of fire suppression systems in buildings. Some of the fire protection features of buildings are suppression systems, egress systems and detection and emergency communication systems. FPEs uses science and technology...
- Video Image Detection and Optical Flame Detection for Industrial Applications. Gottuk, Daniel; Dinaburg, Joshua // Fire Technology;Apr2013, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p213
In order to provide a technical basis for the selection and use of flame detectors in challenging industrial applications, an experimental study was conducted. Multiple flame detectors were tested in numerous scenarios representative of those expected in industrial applications. The study...
- La excelencia en seguridad contra incendios o cÃ³mo evitar tragedias. Pérez Riesco, Rosa // GestiÃ³n PrÃ¡ctica de Riesgos Laborales;mar2013, Issue 102, p12
No abstract available.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;Sep2005, Vol. 158 Issue 9, p126
Presents various fire prevention equipment and devices. Details of the Quic-Carry Air-Caddy Cylinder Carrier by Ziamatic Corp.; Functions of the Gasalertmicro 5 PID by BW Technologies Inc.; Features of the Firetrax v1.7 Personnel Accountability Solution by Salamander Technologies Inc.
- Kitchen fire suppression system. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Dec2005, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p40
The article evaluates the Pyro-Chem Kitchen Knight 11 industrial and restaurant kitchen fire suppression system introduced by Ardent Ltd. and offers information on its uses and features.