Sew You Want to Be a Quilter
- Games: Chess and other board games. // World Almanac for Kids;1998, p200
Discusses chess and other board games. History of chess; The board and the chessmen; The moves; Some chess champions in history; History and rules of some other board games including backgammon, checkers, parcheesi, Monopoly, and Scrabble.
- On the run! O'Neill, Alexis // Cobblestone;May96, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p24
Presents a board game concerning an outlaw and a United States marshal who try to outwit each other as they race to the town's bank. Object of the game; Mechanics.
- Game review. Pelcovits, Marjorie A. // Psychotherapy Letter;Feb94, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p8
Reviews the board game `Imagine' by Harold F. Burks. Fostering of players' creativity.
- Blockhead! Game hits 40 at seven million sales. // Playthings;Sep93, Vol. 91 Issue 9, p26
No abstract available.
- More than a game. Cohn, Ron // Playthings;Nov97, Vol. 95 Issue 11, p55
Presents information on the ability of small companies to get a board game in the top ten. What must be done to create a good game.
- Fun `n' games. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Oct94, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p70
Features various board games. Includes a golf chess set from Mascott Direct; Tic-tac-toe set from Wood Expressions; Wooden Star Puzzle brainteaser from University Games; Price; Contact information.
- 1998: Year of the game. Mcnulty, Kevin; Gasser, Mike // Playthings;Mar98, Vol. 96 Issue 3, p66
Opinion. States that consumers are re-discovering the fun and playabilty of board games. What 1998 will show for board games; Discussion on the success of Endless Games, in the board game industry.
- Announcing the 1995 Young Game Inventors Contest. // Child Life;Jun95, Vol. 74 Issue 4, p23
Presents an invitation to University Games/Child Life's 1995 Young Game Inventors Contest. Contest rules; Prizes.
- Animal relay race. Fahrenbach, Clara // Child Life;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 75 Issue 5, following p34
Presents a board game for children that has an animal relay race as its theme.