Making It: How the Automakers Measure Up
- Just wait till the General comes! // Finance Week;2/8/2002, p44
Reports on the pending entry of General Motors Corp. in the automobile industry in South Africa. Reasons; Plan to increase stake in Delta Motor Corp.
- GM expands Calif. value-selling program. Child, Charles // Automotive News;8/28/1995, Vol. 70 Issue 5620, p3
Reports on General Motors (GM) Corp.'s plans to expand its value-selling program in California. Planned additions to the program; Purpose of the program; GM's share in the state's automobile market.
- GM truck business will soon face fresh competition. Child, Charles // Automotive News;1/1/96, Vol. 70 Issue 5639, p26
States that General Motors needs its new truck headquarters in Pontiac, Michigan to ware off any fresh competition in the trucking market. Big 3's domination in trucking market may soon end; Reasons why; Comments from Cliff Vaughn of GM Truck Group; Reorganization in GM's assembly plant,...
- Two-seat Pontiac? // AutoWeek;12/14/98, Vol. 48 Issue 51, p2
States that Pontiac wants the two-seat, mid-engined sports coupe that General Motors is testing in Germany. Use of a stretched-wheelbase Tigra as a test mule.
- GM's OnStar system can be valuable to executive on the run. Koland, Cordell // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/01/97, Issue 322232, p10
Presents information about the OnStar system of General Motors company. Services for executives provided by OnStar operators; Description of the OnStar system; Technologies combined in producing the system; Other capabilities of OnStar; Price ranges and other features added to the system for 1998.
- Scuttlebutt. // Ward's Auto World;Nov97, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p26
Offers a look on the activities of General Motors Corp. (GMC). Information on the GMT800 program of GMC; Importation of diesel fuel from Europe.
- Spat Delays GM Tech Center Expansion. // Ward's Auto World;Aug99, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p28
No abstract available.
- Shopping Spree. Zachary, Katherine // Ward's Auto World;Feb2000, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the strategic plan of automobile manufacturer General Motors (GM) Corp. for Asia in 2000. Acquisition of stakes in Subaru-maker Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.; Bid for Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd.; Collaborative efforts among GM, Isuzu and Suzuki; Technical agreement between GM and Honda Motor...
- GM to help upgrade Taiwan's vehicle industry. Johnson, Richard // Automotive News;8/9/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5512, p38
Reports on the signing of a letter of intent between General Motors (GM) and the government of Taiwan under which GM will work to upgrade the local auto industry through strategic alliances with local manufacturers. Signing of similar letters of intent with foreign manufacturers in other...
- GM rolling out new supply chain monitoring system. Couretas, John // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/18/99, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p35
Reports on General Motors' plan to introduce a global program that looks into its supply chain to improve assembly plant scheduling. Key features of the Global Capacity, Analysis and Planning System program; Company's plan to begin using the system for North American vehicle programs.