- Propagating tortillas. Pacyniak, Bernard // Snack Food;Jan96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p20
Profiles Mission Foods Corp., a subsidiary of Gruma SA de CV of Monterrey, Mexico. Corporate objectives; Share in the American tortilla market; Increase in tortilla sales from 1990-1995; Market stratification for tortillas; Company's investment for increased tortilla production; Research and...
- Wrapping up the tortilla market. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Sep2001, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p14
Reports the growth of the tortilla products of Mission Foods in Europe. Production of private label and branded tortillas for retail outlets; Tortilla products launched by the company; Background of Mission Foods.
- Mission possible. Pacyniak, Bernard // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Jul98, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on Mission Foods Corp.'s presence in the tortilla market. Strategic plan of the company; Growth during the 1980s; Plant construction program; Company sales from the foodservice segment; Opportunities for growth in the category. INSETS: Operations overview.;Channeling tortillas across...
- Mission to grow tortilla market. Lanning, Amy // Food Manufacture;Sep2001, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p20
Reports the product development campaign of Mission Foods Corp. to widen the appeal of tortillas in Great Britain. Expansion on the market for flour tortillas and tortilla chips; Increase amount in the consumption of tortillas; Price of tortillas in the market.
- Advancing the state of the art. Pacyniak, Bernard // Snack Food;Jan96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p31
Describes the tortilla production technology used by Mission Foods Corp. Increase in production capacity; Company's focus on technology development as inspired by Roberto Gonzales Barrera, chairman and chief executive of Mission's parent company Gruma SA; Description of the tortilla production...
- Thinking outside the burrito. Budzick, Jamie // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Nov2001, Vol. 90 Issue 11, p13
Looks at the growth of the tortilla industry in the United States (U.S.) as of November 2001. Information on the working tortilla factory of Mission Foods at the California Adventure amusement park of Disney; Overview of tortilla sales in the U.S.; Actions taken by tortilla manufacturers to...
- Authentically Ethnic. Roth, Jen // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb2012, Vol. 101 Issue 2, p42
The article discusses the growing demand for ethnic foods by the consumers and offers information on several new food products including the Artisan Style Tortillas by Mission Foods Corp. and the Ancient Grain Wraps by Don Poncho Authentic Mexican Foods Inc.
- IN BRIEF. // New Scientist;11/17/2001, Vol. 172 Issue 2317, p29
Reports global developments related to science as of November 2001. Effect of herbal teas made from fruits on the human teeth; Research conducted regarding the behavior of ants; Analysis of the Brazil nut effect present in mixtures of large and small nuts or beads.
- Wrapped Up. Petersen, Chris // Food & Drink;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p52
The article provides information on Mission Foods, a food manufacturer specializing in corn and flour tortillas based in Irving, Texas. A historical overview of the company is provided, along with information on its operations and employees. According to Mission Foods Vice President of Marketing...