- SCBA: U.S. vs. International Standards and Procedures. ROBINSON, BRIAN // Fire Engineering;Feb2011, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p107
The article discusses self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) standards and procedures, both in and outside the U.S. The difference between the International standard and the U.S. version are that the European SCBA always include a neck strap, European version will read in bar pressure with...
- FIGHTING FIRE FROM HEAD TO TOE. Spurgeon, Ruth L. // Appleseeds;Nov2006, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on the various equipment used by the firefighters. The fire helmets worn by firefighters have a face shield which protect them from tumbling articles, blazing cinders and fuming water. Self-contained breathing apparatus with alarms on them are used when there is...
- Products services media. // Fire Engineering;Apr96, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p108
Introduces various firefighting equipment and supplies. Includes Electronic Fire Commander electronic pump controller and apparatus; Glass Cutter HGC 7 rescue tool; PAC III Personal Gas Monitor.
- 'Stealing' water with the water thief. Leihbacher, Doug // Fire Engineering;Jan1999, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p69
Focuses on the water thief, a type of manifold device similar to a wye gate, which is used in firefighting. Components; Uses; Operation; Water flow calculation.
- Products/services/media. // Fire Engineering;Jul99, Vol. 152 Issue 7, p104
Features various products, services and media used by fire departments in the United States. Includes Elkhart Brass Mfg. Co. Inc.'s `The Pipe Accessory'; Emergency One Inc.'s `Sentry II Pumper'; American Safety and Health Promotions, Ltd.'s `Flashy The Firedog and Fire Truck'.
- Metal-handle hook with a pry bar end. Ciampo, Michael N. // Fire Engineering;Nov99, Vol. 152 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the uses of a metal-handle hook with a pry bar end in fire fighting. Tool for opening up walls, ceilings, windows and roofs; Initial starter hole or purchase point for pulling ceiling or walls; Striking tool; Identification of soft roof areas; Pry or digging bar; Advantages and...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. Malecky, John M. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p109
Presents information on fire fighting apparatus delivered to the Volunteer Fire Department in Tallman, New York and to the Fire Department of Norwalk, Iowa. Description and brand of equipment.
- PRODUCTS/SERVICES/MEDIA. // Fire Engineering;May2000, Vol. 153 Issue 5, p111
Introduces fire fighting products and services in the United States. Grafix Shoppe's designs for marking fire apparatus; Auragen generators; R & B Manufacturing's angle indicators; Evolution thermal imaging cameras; Onspot's automatic chain kit; Micromax's multigas detector; Other products.
- THERMAL IMAGING CAMERAS. // Fire Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 153 Issue 6, p24
Presents United States fire department officials' views regarding the value of thermal imaging cameras (TIC) to their work. TIC models; Uses of a TIC; Scenarios in which the TIC has been used to successfully locate significant fires under extremely heavy smoke/heat conditions; Implications of...