- Flame detector. // LP/Gas;Jan2006, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p35
The article features the FlameGard series of flame detectors manufactured by Mine Safety Appliances Co. in the U.S. It provides information on the features and capabilities of the detector.
- DRAGONFLY PASS. // Fire Engineering;Oct2000, Vol. 153 Issue 10, p180
Mine Safety Appliances Co. (MSA) has introduced safety appliance Dragonfly Pass which can be fully integrated into user's MSA airmask. Pass automatically activates when air mask's cylinder valve is opened. If no user movement is detected within 18 seconds, prealarm chirps begin. In last three...
- IAFF, MSA Team on New SCBA. Roberts, Mary Rose // Fire Chief;May2010, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the proposal of Mine Safety Appliances Co. to construct a new self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) prototype on a design developed by the International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and funded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) grants.
- SAFETY EQUIPMENT Works for You. // Occupational Hazards;Apr2008, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p48
The article features the experience of fire fighters Bob Greenwald and Jason Greenwald, who were saved by fire helmets during an operation. Helmet maker Mine Safety Appliances Co. reported that both men believe that wearing their helmets with chinstraps on saved them from serious injuries. They...
- FIRE PRODUCTS. // Canadian Consulting Engineer;May2004, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p23
Features various fire prevention equipments. Lumivent, a domed automatic fire vent from Bilco Co.; Model 5104 six-zone fire control communicator from Silent Knight; Suprema Control System from MSA Inc.
- Company association news. // Fire Engineering;Jan2000, Vol. 153 Issue 1, p234
Presents fire fighting-related news items, compiled in January 2000. Includes alliance between Mine Safety Appliances Co. and Indigo Systems Corp.; Survivair's toll-free technical service; Award for Ann Arundel County, Maryland's anti-drunk driving campaign from the International Association of...
- Talk Amongst Yourselves. // Fire Chief;Feb2004, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p110
Features communications technology of interest to U.S. fire service. MSA's ClearCommand Helmet Communications System; Network Anatomy's CommanderGauntlet; Modular Communications Systems' UltraCom E911/Radio Dispatch Console; Motorola's Fireground Communications System; Sigtronics' SE-8 Series.
- Automated Test System. // Fire Chief;Jan2006, Vol. 50 Issue 1, Special section p6
The article focuses on the Galaxy Automated Test System for portable gas detection instruments from MSA Inc. The system is equipped with a software providing advanced memory card capabilities. Other features are instrument charging, test receipt printer, battery pack and in-line gas cylinder holder.
- Multi-Gas Detector. // Fire Chief;Feb2006, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p119
The article evaluates the MSA Solaris multi-gas datalogging detector which is used to detect carbon monoxide, oxygen, hydrogen sulfide and combustible gas in firefighting efforts.