FIRST TAKE ON THE THIRD SCREEN
- Sprint PCS Introduces First U.S. 2-Megapixel Camera Phone. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;5/9/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p116
This article reports that Sprint PCS will introduce its first 2-megapixel camera telephone in the U.S. market as of May 9, 2005. It will also expand its selection of telephones with 15 frames per second (fps) Multimedia Service streaming video, removable Secure Digital or TransFlash memory,...
- Wireless Data at Megabit Speed. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p18
Reports on efforts by Sprint PCS to increase data throughput and capacity using Lucent's CDMA2000 1x Evolution-Data Only (1xEV-DO) Flexent product and Qualcomm's 1xEV-DO test equipment. Data transmission rate at Sprint's test site; Scheduled deployment of Lucent's equipment into Sprint's PCS...
- Wireless imaging on the edge of widespread growth. Bruno, Antony // RCR Wireless News;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p29
Reports on actions undertaken by Sprint PCS as part of its bid to increase its role in the wireless transmission of photographs and videos over its network.
- Sprint, Nokia to offer data services. Sanchez, Jana // InfoWorld;06/28/99, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p40D
Provides information on the partnership formed by Sprint PCS and Nokia company to offer data services. Terms under the agreement; Estimated value of the contract; Problems with the Sprint service.
- Energy company moves from private radio to national network. // Mobile Radio Technology;Dec2006, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p20
The article reports on the decision of Akron, Ohio-based energy company FirstEnergy Corp. to use Sprint Nextel for voice services. The move follows its shift from a private radio network to the Nextel National network. The network change will require personnel to carry one device for all voice...
- Ojo videophone. Gaughn, Michael // Sound & Vision;Dec2005, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p100
Evaluates the Ojo video telephone from Motorola. Price of the electronic apparatus; Features; Pros and cons.
- EARLY ADOPTER. Adams, Eric // Popular Science;Aug2004, Vol. 265 Issue 2, p76
Evaluates the WorldGate Ojo videophone from Motorola. Price; Features; Pros and cons.
- WorldGate's Videophone a Tool for Deaf. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/2/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p6
Presents information on the Ojo videophones of WorldGate Communications Corp. Price of the videophones; Plan of Aequus Technologies LLC to purchase WorldGate's videophones; Capabilities of the videophones.
- EUROPE WELCOMES THE VIDEO PHONE. Sullivan, Therese // Design News;3/22/93, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p92
Focuses on efforts of European countries to integrate their public telecommunications networks, like digital-transmission videotelephony, in corporate environments. Coding/decoding circuitry (CODEC) of the videotelephone; Companies participating in the second phase of the European Videophone...