- Compressed Air Foam Systems. Matarese, Leonard; Wieczorek, Thomas // Public Management (00333611);Aug2011, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the significance of compressed air foam systems (CAFS) in fire prevention in the U.S. It notes that CAFS is essentially a method effective in fire fighting and has reported to reduce fire knockdown time by up to 78 percent while keeping firefighters at dangerous operating...
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/ 1/2011, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the things to consider when purchasing new fire protection and extinction equipment. The author relates the situation in one fire department that purchased foam-equipped apparatus without training for its operation. She mentions some of the pointers to...
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING. Yadav, Jyoti Sanjay // Golden Research Thoughts;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
A fire extinguisher, flame extinguisher, or simply an extinguisher, is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, such as one which has reached the ceiling, endangers the user...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p3
Presents computer and communication products for the firefighting industry. ACU-T interoperaility system for tactical applications; VR778 Linux-based digital voice logging and archiving system; Legacy speaker microphone; Commander Series wearable and portable communications systems.
- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p5
Presents several firefighting protective clothing and equipment. Eagle HTC line of high-temperature carbon-blend hoods; Modular Liner System; Salamnader Technologies Inc.'s Fire-Trax CE; Quest Technologies' AQ5000Pro handheld indoor air quality monitor; Fol-da-tank's tarpaulins.
- HAZMAT EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p4
Presents several firefighting equipment. HazMaster-G3 identification software by Pocket Mobility Inc.; VX500 photo-ionization detector by Industrial Scientific Corp.; Haz/Mat DQE Inc.'s Decon-in-a-Bag kit; HazGuide, an integrated database of hazardous materials; Airspace International's natural...
- APPARATUS & COMPONENTS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p6
Presents several firefighting apparatus and components. Digital Signal Rocker Switch for marine applications; RollaBenches by Torqer Inc.; Hansen International's Premium Series roll-up door; Intertech Research Engineering's suppression vehicle; Truck Craft's TC-500 truck flat beds.
- STATION EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p8
Presents several fire station equipment and products. Tyco Thermal Controls' 1850-SE cable encasement; All A Board Inc.'s pine wardrobes; UniMac's laundry equipment.