- Compressed Air Foam Systems. Matarese, Leonard; Wieczorek, Thomas // Public Management (00333611);Aug2011, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p7
The article focuses on the significance of compressed air foam systems (CAFS) in fire prevention in the U.S. It notes that CAFS is essentially a method effective in fire fighting and has reported to reduce fire knockdown time by up to 78 percent while keeping firefighters at dangerous operating...
- Minnesota fire department to continue international relationship. Dostal, Jeremy // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the Fire Department of Dodge Center, Minnesota will continue its relationship with the International Fire Relief Missions (IFRM), which assists emergency service agencies in developing countries by providing them with donated equipment and training individuals on the...
- What You Don't Know Can Hurt You. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief Exclusive Insight;3/ 1/2011, p3
The article offers the author's insights on the things to consider when purchasing new fire protection and extinction equipment. The author relates the situation in one fire department that purchased foam-equipped apparatus without training for its operation. She mentions some of the pointers to...
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER TRAINING. Yadav, Jyoti Sanjay // Golden Research Thoughts;Jul2013, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p1
A fire extinguisher, flame extinguisher, or simply an extinguisher, is an active fire protection device used to extinguish or control small fires, often in emergency situations. It is not intended for use on an out-of-control fire, such as one which has reached the ceiling, endangers the user...
- COMPUTERS & COMMUNICATIONS. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p3
Presents computer and communication products for the firefighting industry. ACU-T interoperaility system for tactical applications; VR778 Linux-based digital voice logging and archiving system; Legacy speaker microphone; Commander Series wearable and portable communications systems.
- SCBA/PROTECTIVE CLOTHING & EQUIPMENT. // Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2003 Supplement, Vol. 47, p5
Presents several firefighting protective clothing and equipment. Eagle HTC line of high-temperature carbon-blend hoods; Modular Liner System; Salamnader Technologies Inc.'s Fire-Trax CE; Quest Technologies' AQ5000Pro handheld indoor air quality monitor; Fol-da-tank's tarpaulins.
- TRADE NAMES. // Fire Engineering;Jan2007, Vol. 160 Issue 1, p169
An alphabetical list of fire fighting equipment trade names is presented, including ADAM (Apparatus Deployment Analysis Module) analysis software, Ambulance Commander produced by Digitech Computer Inc., and American Breathing Air complete stationary and mobile SCBA charging system, manufactured...
- APPARATUS DELIVERIES. MALECKY, JOHN M. // Fire Engineering;Dec2014, Vol. 167 Issue 12, p121
The article offers information on several firefighting equipment including 1st Attack Engineering off-road fire-rescue truck, E-ONE pumper and Pierce rescue pumper.
- Firefighter Safety Makes Its Mark. // Fire Chief;Oct2003, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p82
Evaluates various fire fighting equipment and technology available in the U.S. as of October 2003. Salamander Technologies' RapidTag, a technology that automatically strips bar code or magstripe data from state-issued driver's licenses to create incident-specific credentials; Prism System,...