Tri-axle half-round dump trailer holds more
- QUART IN A PINT POT. // Truck & Driver;Nov2009, p22
The article presents several photographs related to loading several automobiles like the Mercedes Sprinter, a Nissan Micra, and two Land Rover Freelanders into a 40ft truck trailer container on the way to Georgia.
- Avoid overloading. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p28
The article offers tips on how to avoid trailer overload as discussed by Dave Decker, manager of truck engineering for Wheels Inc. Decker dwells on the critical importance of a truck-trailer combination when carrying loads in order to avoid mishaps caused by overloading. Gross vehicle weight...
- To lump or not to lump ... // Overdrive;Sep2013, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p8
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of paying a lumper fee for the unloading of her truck trailer.
- Tackling weight. MELE, JIM // Fleet Owner;Dec2011, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p1
The article focuses on the question of raising truck weights. It states that a rational discussion about the benefits and drawbacks of allowing trucks to carry more cargo should be done. It states the trucking advocates are pushing on raising gross maximum weights for tractor-trailers from...
- Briefs. // Traffic World;5/10/99, Vol. 258 Issue 6, p15
Reports developments related to cargo handling in the United States as of May 1999. Introduction of the bill permitting the increase of truck weights; Accounts on the safety planning for CSX and Northfolk Southern; Estimates on the growth of highway construction.
- A MOVING TRIBUTE TO WALKING FLOORS. // Truck & Driver;Apr2008, p58
The article describes the advantages of truck trailers with walking floors. The beauty of the walking floor trailer lays in its flexibility--the flexibility to load bulk goods one way, then pallets back. It details how a walking floor trailer "walks" its load off the back. Switching the...
- $1-Billion terminal still embargoes cargo. Dorminey, Bruce // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/20/1998, Vol. 149 Issue 3, p44
Reports that cargo handler Air Cargo Terminals Ltd. is still embargoing some of the freight arriving at Chek Lap Kok Airport in Hong Kong. Modifications to its cargo embargo; Estimated loss to the cargo industry if delays persist; Efforts to divert cargo to nearby airports; Staffing problems of...
- 50-T0N TRAILER. // Overdrive;Mar2014, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p54
The article evaluates the 50-Ton 5051 Traveling Axle trailer by Talbert Manufacturing Inc. which helps to accommodate more concentrated loads on trucks.
- Double negatives. // Truck & Driver;Nov2011, p28
The article offers the author's insights on the negative factors of using B-double truck trailer. The author notes that despite the high productivity produced by B-double in Australia and Great Britain, it is an expensive choice for Australian trucking as it costs 15,340 Australian dollars. He...