Slack adjuster provides extended service life
- Automotive Braking: Materials and Development. Davidson, Tony // Automotive Industries;Jun2011, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p54
The article offers information on different types of automobile brakes and their pads. It states that drum brakes are not used much even though they are more efficient than the disc design. It mentions that to aid heat dissipation discs brakes have incorporated cross-drilled holes and have moved...
- STOP THAT CAR EFFICIENTLY WITH A BOWMONK. // Motor Equipment News;Dec2006, p28
The article features the Bowmonk BrakeCheck, a fully self-contained, portable battery-powered device that can be used by workshops, government traffic authorities, testing and inspection stations to test and report vehicle brake efficiently, from Brake Instruments New Zealand.
- Akebono eyes Delphi brake unit. Barkholz, David; Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;10/23/2006, Vol. 81 Issue 6226, p1
The article reports that Delphi Corp.'s brake business has made Akebono Brake Industry Co. Ltd. interested in it. Akebono, one of Japan's largest brake designers and component manufacturers, makes disc brake calipers, drums, service brakes and parking brakes. About $2.26 billion in 2005 sales...
- Film Adhesive Simplifies Assembly Of Damper To Brake Pad. Stefanides, E. J. // Design News;3/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p252
Describes the use and performance of the brake-pad-damping device for brake pad vibration on automotive disc brakes. Usability of the device; Functional operation; Inclusions; Contact information.
- Brake lining materials. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;Nov98, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on changes in materials and technology for automobile brakes as of November 1998. Decline of use of asbestos as brake lining; Reduction of sizes of brakes; Types of brake lining materials; Reasons for manufacturers' efforts to develop friction materials.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Tire Business;5/27/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p13
Introduces several automobile supplies. Development of Kaesor Compressors Inc.'s screw compressor; Introduction of BG Products Inc.'s Brake System Service; Presentation of Snap-on Tools Inc.'s oil flushing and cleaning system.
- IN GEAR. // Motor;Jul2003, p130
Evaluates several products related to car brakes. Elimination of the juddering and squealing associated with single-piston calipers by the EBC Ultra Series Green Stuff pads; Advantage of a much higher boiling point than regular fluid in AP Racing's 551 fluid.
- Wagner Brake Pads Selected for North American Product Leadership Award. // ImportCar;Mar2015, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p9
The article announces that the Wagner brake pads has received the Frost & Sullivan North American Product Leadership Award.
- Electronic Parking Brake. Markel, Andrew // ImportCar;Aug2015, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on the use of electronic parking brakes in automobiles including availability of motors with a sensor that can measure brake pad wear in AUDI automobiles, and use of cable systems that have a built-in program to adjust slack in the system.