Series 18 circuit breakers offered by MP
- The dinosaurs of circuit protection. Edelson, Roger H. // Communications News;Jun2006, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p40
The article considers the use of electro-magnetic circuit breakers as a method of circuit protection. In the interest of saving space and reducing costs, some designers of power distribution/ power controllers select fuses as opposed to electro-magnetic circuit breakers as a method of circuit...
- Monitoring of Switchgear Feeders. Foerster, Andy // Energy User News;Jul2000, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p21
Discusses the functions of electric protection circuits electronic circuit trip units and circuit monitors in electric power distribution systems. Comparison between role of trip circuits and circuit monitors; Misconception regarding functions of two electric transmission equipments;...
- Control circuit device. // Design News;9/18/89, Vol. 45 Issue 18, p137
Features Telemecanique Inc.'s single-pole control circuit protector which is resettable and has an interrupting capability of 5000 Amperes at 300 Volts maximum.
- Rewiring a DCC layout. // Model Railroader;Sep2007, Vol. 74 Issue 9, p86
The article discusses the rewiring of the Digital Command Control (DCC) operation to prevent further damage when short circuit occured. The author stated that to prevent the shut down of the entire layout due to short circuit, power districts should be applied. Power district was the manner to...
- When is a circuit breaker not a circuit breaker? Young, John W.; Clark, Ray // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Jan1998, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p64
Explains about electric circuit breakers (CB). Definition of a CB in the NEC; Supplementary protector; Distinction between CBs and supplementary protectors; Distinguishing marks.
- Rack mount supplies are 350W. // Electronics Weekly;6/16/2004, Issue 2151, p20
The company Condor Power has announced a family of rack-mounted, multi-output 350W power supplies designed to suit a wide range of applications. The GPHP350 series features N+1 as well as active power factor correction circuitry allowing the units to fully meet IEC1000-3-2 over the input range...
- Power. // Electronics Protection;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p20
The article offers brief information on several electronic equipment including the MMS Slimline surge suppressors from Para Systems Inc., the CSR/CSRN series of surface-mounted device (SMD) current sensing resistors from Stackpole Electronics Inc., and the UL489 hydraulic magnetic circuit...
- PROTECTION SCHEMES FOR LOW-VOLTAGE CIRCUIT BREAKERS. WHITE, JIM // NETA World;Winter2013, p16
A quiz about protection schemes for low-voltage circuit breakers is presented.
- Overcurrent Protection. Traister, John E.; Brickner, Dale C. // Electrician's Exam Prep Guide to the 2008 NEC;2008, p137
Chapter 6 of the book "Electrician's Exam Preparation Guide" by John E. Traister, and revised and updated by Dale C. Brickner is presented. It offers information on the overcurrent protection devices such as fuses and circuit breakers used for preventing damages to various components of an...