Generation II addresses ABA longevity issues
- Brake Assembly Know-how. // Fleet Equipment;Apr2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p13
Provide tips on the proper disassembly of automobile brakes. Importance of carefully inspecting parts; Evaluation of lining surfaces; Difference between the front and rear axle shoes of the automobile.
- Tech 'A' Says. // Motor Age;Jul2003, Vol. 122 Issue 7, p1
Presents a question and answer about duo-serve type drum brake design.
- Taking a brake from the norm. Ytuarte, Christopher // Railway Age;Jan2003, Vol. 204 Issue 1, p54
Deals with the emergence of electropneumatic (ECP) brakes as a popular alternative to conventional systems for use on unit trains and interchange cars. Success of the ECP contracts of GE Transportation Systems Global Signaling; First railway in the world to successfully test the use of wireless...
- Don't Fear Your Brakes. Peters, Eric // Consumers' Research Magazine;Dec99, Vol. 82 Issue 12, p33
Provides information on how to check automobile brakes. How automobile brakes work; Significance of the pads in the brakes; How to maintain efficient brakes.
- Heed the warning signs. // Motor Equipment News;Oct2015, p29
The article offers suggestion for following and maintaining automobile warning signs for escaping major automobile repair work, which includes clutches, brakes, and shock absorbers.
- AVOID THE "BAD GUYS" THAT ATTACK BRAKING SYSTEMS. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;2/15/2006, Vol. 125 Issue 2, p41
The article stresses the importance of the overall braking system. The overall braking system exist to supply a volume of air to the brake chambers where the energy from compressed air can be converted into a mechanical force to actuate the brakes. During brake adjustment and inspection, it is...
- Power-off brake backlash. // Motion System Design;Sep2007, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p42
The article presents questions and answers related to power-off brakes including what impact do reducers have on the backlash of power-off breaks, different backlashes for different break designs and the least expensive design of the power-off breaks.
- Squeaky Brakes. Allen, Mike // Popular Mechanics;Jun2009, Vol. 186 Issue 6, p115
The article offers tips on how to rectify the problem of brake noise in an automobile. Modern brakes use a cast-iron disc squeezed between two brake pads lined with friction material. Under the right conditions, the disc, the pads and the caliper they're mounted in can start to vibrate. Many...
- 'By-wire' offers design flexibility. Moran, Tim // European Rubber Journal;Dec2004, Vol. 186 Issue 12, p23
Presents information on the partial brake-by-wire technology found in several models of Mercedes-Benz automobiles. Uses of by-wire technology; Introduction of partial brake-by-wire systems into several European vehicles; Other by-wire technologies.