TWISTEP: a step up in truck, SUV access
- Electronics, bedcovers bode well for retailers. Guyette, James E. // Aftermarket Business;Mar2002, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p30
Looks at the status of truck and sport utility vehicle (SUV) accessory industry in the U.S. in 2001. Annual growth of the light truck accessory market through 2005; Drawbacks facing the automotive aftermarket; Factor that push the growth in the automotive aftermarket accessories; Several retail...
- Study reports short idle periods negate APU usage. // Fleet Owner;Jan2009, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the result of the study which focuses on the utilization of auxiliary power units (APU) to reduce idle time by trucks in the U.S. The study was conducted on two trucks, where Fleet A has an idle time of 2,130 and 1,450 hours while Fleet B averaged to 770 and 250 hours. It...
- Kia to new lifestyle. // Truck & Driver;May2006, p22
The article reports that Kia Motors Corp. Ltd. is the latest manufacturer to launch a commercial vehicle with "street cred," with the launch of the four-wheel drive Sorento XE-C. Having had great success in the British sales charts with its Sorento 4x4--a cheaper-than-average sport utility...
- Hood shields popular with light truck owners. // Aftermarket Business;04/01/99, Vol. 109 Issue 4, p62
Focuses on a survey conducted to determine the market status of hood shields in the United States from 1994 through 1998. Implication of light trucks and sport utility vehicles on the sales of hood shields; Market sales and margin rates of hood shields; Retail projection for 1999.
- in focus: SUSPENSIONS -- PART 1. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2004, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p32
Presents a list of several tractor and truck suspensions. Model of truck and axle type with suspensions; Type and brand of the suspensions; Weight capacity of the trucks.
- EZL Flipaway designed for low bed heights. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p63
Evaluates the EZL Flipaway series of liftgates for low-bed-height commercial trucks from Waltco Truck Equipment Co. Key features; Force capacity; Compliance of EZL with the Technology and Maintenance Council recommendations.
- Switches change direction of magnet motors. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p108
Evaluates the Reversing Polarity Toggle Switches from Cole Hersee Co. Use of the switches to oil delivery trucks; Features.
- Suzuki. // Motor Age;Jun98, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p60
Announces the availability of the throttle position sensor as a spare part for all Sidekick Sport Suzuki model vehicles.
- Suzuk: All 2-door Sidekick models with the GM 3-speed A/T. // Motor Age;Sep97, Vol. 116 Issue 9, p58
Warns technicians, of the elimination of the TCC oil pressure switch on all two-door Suzuki Sidekick models with the GM three-speed A/T. Information on the elimination procedure; Impact of the modification.