Webb brake drum for heavy-duty usage
- EBC GD Sport brake discs & Yellowstuff pads. Beaumont, Will // Evo;Oct2014, Issue 200, p169
The article offers brief information on several automobiles from the company EBC Brakes including the Sport brake discs and the Yellowstuff brake pad.
- Automotive Braking: Materials and Development. Davidson, Tony // Automotive Industries;Jun2011, Vol. 191 Issue 6, p54
The article offers information on different types of automobile brakes and their pads. It states that drum brakes are not used much even though they are more efficient than the disc design. It mentions that to aid heat dissipation discs brakes have incorporated cross-drilled holes and have moved...
- Automotive Braking: Materials and Development. Davison, Tony // Automotive Industries;Jul2011, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p24
The article offers information on the equipment and supplies used for the development of automobiles braking technology. It states that drum brakes are more efficient than the old discs brakes due to their low cost and easy implementation on wheels. It also informs about other equipment...
- WHAT'S STOPPING YOU? // Motor Age;Jun2013, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p120
The article previews various products from NAPA Brakes, including Adaptive One Premium Replacement Disc Brake Pads, Total Eclipse loaded calipers and Reactive One Rotors.
- Film Adhesive Simplifies Assembly Of Damper To Brake Pad. Stefanides, E. J. // Design News;3/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p252
Describes the use and performance of the brake-pad-damping device for brake pad vibration on automotive disc brakes. Usability of the device; Functional operation; Inclusions; Contact information.
- STOP THAT CAR EFFICIENTLY WITH A BOWMONK. // Motor Equipment News;Dec2006, p28
The article features the Bowmonk BrakeCheck, a fully self-contained, portable battery-powered device that can be used by workshops, government traffic authorities, testing and inspection stations to test and report vehicle brake efficiently, from Brake Instruments New Zealand.
- Brake lining materials. Gordon, Jacques // Motor Age;Nov98, Vol. 117 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on changes in materials and technology for automobile brakes as of November 1998. Decline of use of asbestos as brake lining; Reduction of sizes of brakes; Types of brake lining materials; Reasons for manufacturers' efforts to develop friction materials.
- CHAPTER FOURTEEN -- BRAKES -- BRAKE SERVICE. // Yamaha V-Max, 1985-2007;2013, preceding p404
The article offers suggestions for servicing the front and rear brake systems in motorcycles. It informs to avoid disassembling disc brake components unless necessary, as they rarely require it. It suggests using only DOT 3 or DOT 4 marked brake fluid from a sealed container, as other grades of...
- IN GEAR. // Motor;Jul2003, p130
Evaluates several products related to car brakes. Elimination of the juddering and squealing associated with single-piston calipers by the EBC Ultra Series Green Stuff pads; Advantage of a much higher boiling point than regular fluid in AP Racing's 551 fluid.