Switches change direction of magnet motors
- Study reports short idle periods negate APU usage. // Fleet Owner;Jan2009, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the result of the study which focuses on the utilization of auxiliary power units (APU) to reduce idle time by trucks in the U.S. The study was conducted on two trucks, where Fleet A has an idle time of 2,130 and 1,450 hours while Fleet B averaged to 770 and 250 hours. It...
- in focus: SUSPENSIONS -- PART 1. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2004, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p32
Presents a list of several tractor and truck suspensions. Model of truck and axle type with suspensions; Type and brand of the suspensions; Weight capacity of the trucks.
- Toggle switch prevents accidental actuation. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p109
Evaluates the Recessed Toggle Switch from Cole Hersee Co. Description of the design of the switch; Significance of the design to trucks.
- TWISTEP: a step up in truck, SUV access. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p110
Evaluates the TWISTEP, a new step-up device for sport utility vehicles and trucks, from Orion Technologies. Features; Examples of multiple applications of the device.
- EZL Flipaway designed for low bed heights. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p63
Evaluates the EZL Flipaway series of liftgates for low-bed-height commercial trucks from Waltco Truck Equipment Co. Key features; Force capacity; Compliance of EZL with the Technology and Maintenance Council recommendations.
- Idle reduction in 23 inches. Leavitt, Wendy // Fleet Owner;May2006, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p60
The article focuses on a modified version of AXP 1000, the AXP Gen-a-Sys, introduced by Engine & Energy Technology Corp. According to Paul Baumann, senior vice president sales and marketing, the new idle reduction solution is specifically designed for use on trucks where open frame space is at a...
- Switch N Go truck bed conversion system makes trucks in multi-tasking workhorses. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2004, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p51
Features the Switch-N-Go mini roll-off truck bed conversion system from Bucks Fabricating. Variety of bed design options; Advantages; Installation of the system.
- Supplies hit 10-year high. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;11/15/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6121, p17
This article reports that a massive buildup of unsold vehicles pushed U.S. light-vehicle supplies to 78 days on November 1, the highest level for that date in 10 years. Ford Motor Co. was in better shape with an 87-day supply, up from 72 days. Ford's stock also was concentrated in light trucks...
- Trackers among worlds best. // Finance Week;7/19/2004, p62
Reports on the reputation of tracking companies, whose products are used in truck vehicles in South Africa, as one of the world's best. Use of satellite technology in fleet management; Partnerships entered into by tracking firms; Information on several tracking firms in the country.