Switches change direction of magnet motors
- Study reports short idle periods negate APU usage. // Fleet Owner;Jan2009, Vol. 104 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the result of the study which focuses on the utilization of auxiliary power units (APU) to reduce idle time by trucks in the U.S. The study was conducted on two trucks, where Fleet A has an idle time of 2,130 and 1,450 hours while Fleet B averaged to 770 and 250 hours. It...
- in focus: SUSPENSIONS -- PART 1. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2004, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p32
Presents a list of several tractor and truck suspensions. Model of truck and axle type with suspensions; Type and brand of the suspensions; Weight capacity of the trucks.
- Toggle switch prevents accidental actuation. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p109
Evaluates the Recessed Toggle Switch from Cole Hersee Co. Description of the design of the switch; Significance of the design to trucks.
- EZL Flipaway designed for low bed heights. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2005, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p63
Evaluates the EZL Flipaway series of liftgates for low-bed-height commercial trucks from Waltco Truck Equipment Co. Key features; Force capacity; Compliance of EZL with the Technology and Maintenance Council recommendations.
- TWISTEP: a step up in truck, SUV access. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p110
Evaluates the TWISTEP, a new step-up device for sport utility vehicles and trucks, from Orion Technologies. Features; Examples of multiple applications of the device.
- Supplies hit 10-year high. Kurylko, Diana T. // Automotive News;11/15/2004, Vol. 79 Issue 6121, p17
This article reports that a massive buildup of unsold vehicles pushed U.S. light-vehicle supplies to 78 days on November 1, the highest level for that date in 10 years. Ford Motor Co. was in better shape with an 87-day supply, up from 72 days. Ford's stock also was concentrated in light trucks...
- Making life easier. // Commercial Motor;2/24/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5117, p40
Evaluates several equipment and supplies for commercial vehicles that are available in Great Britain in February 2005. Pit Master product from Harmill; Truck stopper from BT Rolatruc; Tourea truck seats from TEK Seating.
- LET'S MAKE IT PERSONAL. Meczes, Robin // Truck & Driver;Oct2005, p48
Evaluates various trucks' accessories. Information on RoadPro's Pro Car twin adaptor; Reference to light bars and bull bars' prices; Details of accessories from CDC Truck Accessories.
- ARVINMERITOR TO SUPPLY BRAKES TO VOLVO TRUCKS. // Foundry Management & Technology;Feb2005, Vol. 133 Issue 2, p12
The article reports that ArvinMeritor's Commerical Vehicle Systems group will supply its Meritor Q Plus cam brakes to Volvo Trucks North America, thanks to a new three-year supply contract that ensures the brakes will continue to be standard equipment on all Volvo trucks in North America. The...