Waytek adds LEDs to indicator light line
- Creating Tunable White Light with High Color Rendering Index Using Color Mixing. Moussa, Muhamad; Durand, Patrick // LED Journal;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p22
The article proposes design concepts to develop a 6-inch commercial recessed light emitting diode (LED) downlight with high color rendering index (CRI) using color mixing. Determining the LED combination that will result in 575 lumens at the given correlated color temperature (CCT) with a target...
- LED backlights cut power in TFTs. // Electronics Weekly;5/25/2005, Issue 2195, p30
This article reports that two 4.7-inch quarter VGA Hitachi displays from Trident Inc. include white LED backlighting options for low power operation. The Hitachi SP12Q01L6ALZZ and ST12Q01L6ALZZ modules are electrically and mechanically compatible with the existing Hitachi LMG7520 and LMG7525...
- Lamp and Ballast Update. Knisley, Joe // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Oct2003, Vol. 102 Issue 10, pC6
Updates on other features and technological capabilities of energy-efficient lighting designs. Performance features and improvements of fluorescent lamps; Advantages of using electrodeless fluorescent lamps; Characteristics of light-emitting diodes; Benefits of utilizing metal halide lamps.
- Squeezing More Light Out of Tighter Energy Codes. Richman, Eric // EC&M Electrical Construction & Maintenance;Apr2010, Vol. 109 Issue 4, pC18
The article offers information on the energy codes and standards which composes a variety of exemptions and allowances for compliance with lighting power density (LPD) and control requirements. It states that the building area method is the most easy to apply, especially when only one type of...
- LED-based metameric light sources: Rendering the colours of objects and other colour quality criteria. Viliūnas, V.; Vaitkevičius, H.; Stanikūnas, R.; Švegžda, A.; Bliznikas, Z. // Lighting Research & Technology;Sep2011, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p321
Solid-state white light sources based on multiple light emitting diodes (LEDs) have three features that make them radically different from other sources of electrically generated light. These are the narrowband spectra of the individual LEDs, the possibility of controlling the light output of...
- Lighting gets smart. Kren, Lawrence // Machine Design;7/7/2005, Vol. 77 Issue 13, p60
Focuses on the benefits of smart solid-state light sources. Basic properties of solid-state lighting controlled by the light sources; Applications of the lighting; Comparison with incandescent and fluorescent sources.
- Light reading. Gorman, Jean // Real Simple;Mar2001, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p50
The ideal reading lamp ï¿½ for table, floor, or desk ï¿½ directs light over an area about two feet by two feet, adjusts up and down and side to side, dims, and is fitted with a bulb that provides soft, diffuse light. Always place a lamp to your right or left and slightly behind your...
- Buying guide to a brighter future. Patterson, Maureen // Buildings;Apr95, Vol. 89 Issue 4, p60
Informs about various products and brochures related to lighting technology. Powerlink; Centium; Luxo Halogen Task Lighting System-1; General catalog for 1995; Lenslux SM; More. INSETS: Lighting quantity measures.;Lighting quality measures.;Light distribution..
- Space Horticulture. Iovine, John // Popular Electronics;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p70
Presents information on an experiment which deals with space horticulture. Information on plant-growth factors; Measurement of plant growth; Light sources for growing plants; Difference between sunlight illumination and artificial lights; Response of chlorophyll to the visible light spectrum;...