- Model-based condition monitoring of a HVAC cooling coil sub-system in a real building. Buswell, RA; Haves, P; Wright, JA // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;May2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p103
A comparison of the performance of two fault detection and diagnosis methods applied to a cooling coil subsystem in an air-handling unit installed in a real building is presented. Both methods employ a first principles based reference model of the target system. One scheme carries out diagnosis...
- A new design guideline for the heating and cooling curve in AHU units of HVAC systems. Elkhuizen, PA; Peitsman, HC; Wienk, WJ // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;Aug2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p191
New Dutch office buildings are built under strict energy efficient legislation and are well equipped with insulation, condensing boilers, heat recovery systems, and so on. Despite this, many buildings do not have good energy efficiency and also do not meet comfort requirements. This has led to a...
- Profits and Cold Water. Burger, Robert // Engineered Systems;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p86
Discusses the role of the cooling tower and the application of cold water in the profit or loss picture for a heating, ventilation, and air conditioning unit. Quality of water from the cooling tower; Importance of proper operation and maintenance of the cooling tower; Chemical plant process...
- Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/12/2011, Vol. 244 Issue 2, p41
The article offers brief information on several airconditioning products such as the H2iÂ® M-Series (MUZ-FE09) split system and the H2i P-Series (PUZ-HA36NHA2 split system from Mitsubishi Electric Cooling & Heating Solutions.
- EIGHT SUMMER HVAC CLEANING HACKS FOR HOME & WORK. Hitch, John // New Equipment Digest;Jul2016, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p36
The article suggests cheaper ways to improve the function of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems at work and home. Topics discussed include changing filters, cleaning around the outdoor condenser unit, avoiding use of power washer, checking cleaner labels, cooling tower...
- Service contractors like monitoring system. Feldman, William Patti // Contractor Magazine;Aug2000, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p40
Evaluates the Notifact Wireless Monitoring System for heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Advantages for service providers and building owners; Benefit of its real-time monitoring; Types of equipment that it could monitor.
- Product profiles. // Engineered Systems;Aug2001, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p84
Features products related to heating, ventilation and air conditioning system. Cambridge Engineering's S-Series space heater; EBTRON, Inc.'s Advantage airflow measurement product; Gearing Solutions' NEMA gearheads; EAML6625 airflow measuring louver; Setra Systems, Inc.'s three-valve manifold.
- what's NEW. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/30/2003, Vol. 219 Issue 9, p8
Introduces various heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment and supplies recent as of June 30, 2003. Air conditioner condensing units; Hydronic heating systems; Tool buckets.
- What's new. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/26/95, Vol. 195 Issue 9, p50
Features heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment. Includes a central air conditioning system from Clare Brothers; `Tool Pak' tool vest from Paktek Inc.; Leak detector from Motors & Armatures Inc.