- Thin Is In. Gallo-Torres, Julia M. // Prepared Foods;Aug2003, Vol. 172 Issue 8, p58
Reports on Ready-To-Go Fillo Dough, a series of pre-layered sheets of fillo dough offered by Cleveland, Ohio-based Athens Foods. Vegetable shortening blend used by the company to keep the flavor neutral; Purposes for which fillo dough can be used; Benefits of the dough to food manufacturers.
- Phantastic phyllo. Swearinger, Richard // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr98, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p232
Presents two phyllo recipes. Names of the recipes; Ingredients to be used; Method of the recipe; Nutritional facts for the meals.
- Hoping to cash in on cooking craze. Hardin, Angela Y. // Crain's Cleveland Business;04/03/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the advertising campaign of Cleveland, Ohio-based Athens Pastries & Frozen Foods Inc. Need to educate consumers about cooking the company's primary product, phyllo dough; Popularity of cable cooking channels; Interest in ethnic food.
- WRAPPED FOR THE HOLIDAYS. Brown, Cybil A.; Rake, Betty; Siegel, Sue; McClennan, Rollin // Southern Living;Nov2001, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p160
Presents recipes on meats with wrap with phyllo dough or puff pastry in the United States. List of ingredients; Temperature in baking the meat; Estimation of time to cook the recipes; Number of servings. INSET: IT'S A WRAP..
- DRIED-FRUIT STRUDEL WITH APRICOT PRESERVES. // Bon Appetit;Aug2004, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p112
Presents the recipe for Dried-Fruit Strudel with Apricot Preserves.
- The Layered Look. R. R.; R. P. // New York;2/20/2006, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p65
The article features strudel preparation from various restaurants. Apple-cranberry strudel prepared by chef T'ai Chopping is served at Del Posto. Cod strudel with Riesling sauce and sauerkaut is served at Caf'e Sabarsky. Strudels ranging from sugar-free apple to cabbage is served at Andre's...
- Who made all the pies? // Food Manufacture;Jun2005, Vol. 80 Issue 6, Special section p25
This article presents information about Perfect Pasty Guide. Pastry maker Proper Cornish has come up with this roll-call of the finest hand-made pasties in Great Britain. The company claims that the rise of mass produced, low-quality products is tarnishing the image of the genuine article.
- MORE COOL STUFF. // Frozen Food Age;Oct2003, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p69
Announces the shift of Athens Foods' retail packaging of frozen fillo dough to Twin Pack sizes. Information on the phaseout of its Apollo brand. Advantages of the packaging.
- EXCELLENCE IN FOOD & DRINK AWARDS 2007. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/27/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4495, p71
The article features food products that won Excellence in Food & Drink Awards in 2006, including the Chilli Lime and Lemongrass Dressing from B&DFL, Brakes' B'Stilla savory filo pastry and the Cocofina coconut water from Fruitfina.