- Prep School. Albert, Amy; Holland, Joel // Bon Appetit;Jan2009, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p102
The article offers techniques, tips, and tricks in poaching an egg and making southern biscuits. It cites the need to heat a skillet of salted water until nearly boiling and then break the cold egg into a custard cup. It suggests mixing quickly and using a sharp biscuit cutter to achieve tender,...
- THE BEST I EVER ATE. Kerr, Sophie // Saturday Evening Post;9/27/1952, Vol. 225 Issue 13, p28
The article discusses the author's opinion on the best food which cannot be found in a streamlined and cleaned kitchen and cooking equipment but in a simple, dark and unhandy kitchen with old wood-burning stoves. Scientists who kept on introducing chemical compounds for foods did not bother to...
- Which? announces winners in food prep tests. // Housewares;May/Jun2006, Issue 198, p50
The article reports on winners in the food preparation tests of the "Which?" magazine in Great Britain. The magazine's survey tested more than 50 food preparation devices, recording the time it took for the equipment to complete up to 15 tasks. The following products emerged as winners: Comfort...
- Snackmaker. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Winter2006, p81
The article introduces the Ezidri Snackmaker, a kitchen utensil and offers information on the pricing, features, and temperature settings.
- Food Processors. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p98
Presents information on the availability and features of food processors as of December 1998.
- FOOD PROCESSOR REVOLUTION. Greenspan, Dorie // Bon Appetit;Jun2001, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p34
Traces the evolution of food processors. How it was invented; Different types of processors; Features of PowerPrep Plus food processor from Cuisinart.
- Combi nation. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/25/2007, Vol. 197 Issue 4460, p152
The features kitchen equipment, including Air-O-Steam combination-ovens from Electrolux, Genius Touch combination-steamers from Eloma, and Alto Shaam Combi Smoker.
- THE EDITOR'S DOZEN. Rhodes, Phillip // Cooking Light;Apr2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p20
the article looks at several cooking and serving products, including a cast-iron pot from LeCreuset, baking pans from Paula Deen, and potato chip bag clips from Crate and Barrel.
- 2003 Kitchenware Preview. Everage, Laura // Gourmet Retailer;Jan2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p64
Focuses on various trends in kitchen utensils industry. Factors that lead to success in the industry; Role of kitchenware in enhancing food preparation at homes; Use of kitchenwares as decorative accessory for kitchens.