Force distribution sensor quantifies stress
- TACTILE TURN. Levin, Mike // Appliance Design;Feb2006, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p18
This article provides information on the TouchSense PR-1000 encoder, a rotary encoder developed by Immersion Corp. that can be programmed to supply users with a variety of touch feedback options, depending on the context of operation. Benefits from the use of the encoder are given. The PR-1000...
- Touch Sensors Spread Out. Seguine, Ryan // Appliance Design;Feb2007, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p26
The article offers information on capacitive sensors. It discusses the application of capacitive sensing in household appliances and consumer electronics such as mobile phones and portable media players. It describes the different methods of detecting the increase in capacitance caused by the...
- A micromachined surface stress sensor with electronic readout. Carlen, Edwin T.; Weinberg, Marc S.; Zapata, Angela M.; Borenstein, Jeffrey T. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan2008, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p015106
A micromachined surface stress sensor has been fabricated and integrated off chip with a low-noise, differential capacitance, electronic readout circuit. The differential capacitance signal is modulated with a high frequency carrier signal, and the output signal is synchronously demodulated and...
- How to drive a flexible force sensor. // Machine Design;6/4/2009, Vol. 81 Issue 11, p80
The article offers specifications in assuring the good performance of flexible force sensor. It is recommended that the drive voltage of the drive circuitry should be adjusted to change the sensor's response to force. Moreover, it is also helpful to adjust the feedback resistor to change the...
- Measuring Force Distribution. // AATCC Review;Jan2001, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p14
The article evaluates the Pressurex sensor, a new type of tactile force indicating sensor, from Sensor Products Inc.
- Scratch E holds fast. // New Zealand Dairy Exporter;Sep2007, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p149
The article evaluates the Scratch E detector for cows.
- Safety sensor. Baker, Berenice // Engineer (00137758);6/15/2009, Vol. 294 Issue 7774, p31
The article focuses on the significance of a low-cost force sensor for industrial robots in small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). It notes that sensors for robots would allow SMEs to reduce the impact if a robot does make contact with an employee or another equipment. Moreover, with sensors...
- TOUCH SENSING ACCOMPLISHED BY CAPACITOR MATRIX ARRAYS. Stefanides, E. J. // Design News;3/27/89, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p230
Presents a design of a tactile sensors by Kevin Coleman. Distinct features; Capability of the device to provide secure, stable soft-gripping of the part handled; Mechanism of the tactile sensing system.
- CONFORMABLE TACTILE SENSOR. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/19/2004, Vol. 160 Issue 3, p433
The C500 tactile sensor from California-based Pressure Profile Systems Inc. is a thin, customizable, three-wire device that uses capacitive-based conformable pressure sensors to quantity applied forces. Designed for laboratory use or to be integrated into OEM systems, the C500 bends and forms to...