FREE LITERATURE & SOFTWARE
- BOILERS THE FRONT-LOADING LOWDOWN. George, David A. // Engineered Systems;Mar2014, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p48
The article presents information on the popularity of front-end loading as design strategy of boiler systems. The idea of front-end loading is to partner condensing boilers to non-condensing boilers. It is stated that installing both condensing boiler with a non-condensing boiler on one system...
- 'Thistled House' sees new fuel efficiency. Eatherton, Mark // Contractor Magazine;Mar2005, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p30
Discusses how fuel efficiency was achieved after replacing the heat source of a heating system with one of the prototype wall-hung condensing boilers. Two kinds pumps used; Flow rate through the space heating portion of the system; Modulating ability of the burner; Use of a variable-speed,...
- Community College Shores Up Its Boilers. Turpin, Joanna R. // Engineered Systems;Jun2005, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p48
The article focuses on Shoreline community college's new system to improve boiler operating efficiency. The final boiler selection for the college included stage-fired boilers and fully modulating boilers. The ability to stage or modulate individual boilers enables the systems to efficiently...
- What Owners Need to Know About... Maximizing Boiler Efficiency. D'ANTONIO, PETER // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jan2014, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p38
The article discusses methods to minimize mistakes in hydronic heating systems and maximize boiler efficiency. These include considering a building as a system and a boiler as a component within that system, choosing the fuel source wisely, and reducing supply-water temperature. Also suggested...
- Boilers. // Engineered Systems;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p100
The article presents a brochure from Lochinvar which aims to educate installers on the Knight heating boiler.
- Product Focus: 2014 AHR Expo Preview. // PM Engineer;Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p58
The article features several products that will be exhibited at the 2014 Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration (AHR) Expo, including a line of residential and commercial gas-fired boilers and volume water heaters from Bradford White, the P Series variable-frequency drive from Franklin...
- CHX Teflon covered condensing heat exchangers for flue gas heat recovery. Azmatullah, R. // Chemical Business;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p39
Provides information on the CHX Teflon covered heat exchangers. Percentage of boiler efficiency achieved through the use of CHX condensing heat exchangers; Schematic diagram of the heat exchanger; Applications of the heat exchanger.
- Boilers. // Engineered Systems;Jun2006, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p98
The article presents a brochure featuring the Mills family of sectional watertube boiler and burner units from Smith Cast Iron Boilers.
- Controlling an existing hydronic boiler. Wohlfarth, Ray // PM Engineer;Jan2014, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p12
The article offers tips for controlling an existing a hydronic heating system. Several factors to be considered when repairing or maintaining a hydronic boiler include design temperature, condensing temperature, Delta T or the temperature rise across a boiler, reset ratio, three-way valve,...