- Adventures in Waterless Urinals. Dixon, Chris // Walls & Ceilings;Aug2008, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p74
The article discusses the disadvantages of using waterless urinals. According to the author, the blue liquid that acts as a sealant between the urine and the fixture, the blue liquid cartridges and clogged pipes are problems that waterless urinals develop over time. He says that ultra low flow...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Aug2005, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p16
Features several types of heating, piping and air conditioning equipment and products. waterfree Urinal models WES-4000 and WES-5000 from Sloan Valve Co.; All-In-One Leak Detection Kit for heating, ventilation and air conditioning and refrigeration systems from Cliplight Manufacturing Co.;...
- As air conditioners evolve so do consumers' choices. Zarcone, Teresa // Caribbean Business;5/23/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 21, p46
Focuses on changes in air conditioning units. Preferences of consumers; Central air conditioning systems; Mini splits.
- New unit for testing. // Environmental Engineering;Sep99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the transportable air conditioning unit designed and built by Environmental Engineering, which can be accommodated by most vehicles capable of handling container loads. Purpose of the unit; Information on how the unit works; Requirement for the unit's operator.
- New A/C Units Said to Save More Energy. Liegl, Paula // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;02/19/2001, Vol. 212 Issue 8, p12
Describes different air conditioning units introduced during the 2000 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition in Atlanta, Georgia. Frigidaire and Tappan 10-, 12-, and SEER heat pumps from Nordyne; Unichiller and Unico System condensing units from Unico Inc.; Redesigned...
- Economy Affects CFC Chiller Phaseout. Siegel, James J. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/14/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 15, p4
Cites key survey findings regarding the comfort cooling chillers replaced or converted by building owners in the U.S. in 2002 due to concerns about the depletion of the ozone layer.
- Ductless cooling update: It's not for all jobs, but great for some. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/14/94, Vol. 191 Issue 7, p45
Presents the ductless air conditioning systems exhibited at the New Orleans, La. 1994 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Expo. Obstacles faced by ductless cooling manufacturers in gaining market and industrial acceptance in the United States; Specific brands and descriptions.
- Four Ways to Green Your Washroom. Penny, Janelle // Buildings;Aug2011, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p24
The article provides suggestions on renovating a washroom facility in order to make it more environmentally friendly. It states that old faucets, toilets and urinals are very wasteful of water, and suggests the use of touch-free faucets which provide only as much water as needed, and water-free...
- NG Bailey launches sustainability report. // Heating & Ventilating Review;2007, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p10
The article deals with first annual sustainability report of NG Bailey in 2007. It presents the company's economic, environmental and social targets, with highlights on energy consumption, health and safety. It is stated that the completion of the mechanical and electrical (M&E) services at the...