New products directory
- What's New. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;12/3/2012, Vol. 247 Issue 14, p8
The article offers brief information on several heating and ventilation products including the Bell & Gossett snap zone valve for heating and cooling systems from Xylem Inc., the range of thermal flow meters from E+E Elektronik GmbH, and the Flat plate solar collectors from Watt USA.
- Man, Oh Manifold! Rohr, Bob // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Sep2009, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p42
The article offers information on the use of manifolds in radiant heating systems. Manifolds come in a variety of sizes and shapes. They are made from either copper tubes, stainless tubes, brass tubes, welded steel or composites. Components of manifolds include zone operators, flow meters, flow...
- Radiant comforts ... say ahhhh. Yates, Dave // Contractor Magazine;Feb2014, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p24
The article offers the author's insights concerning their effort of addressing the issues encountered by a couple in their wrap-around porch and kitchen countertop. The author states that they have installed a vertical radiant panel radiators on the porch to provide owners with a balanced human...
- Heatrae Sadia multiply points. // Builders Merchants Journal;Apr2006, p67
The article reports on the expansion of water heating specialist Heatrae Sadia's Multipoint unvented range of two larger capacity models. It describes the key features and benefits offered by the 75-liter and 100-liter units. The two units are designed for larger commercial applications. Contact...
- Healthy heating choice. Coppola, Joseph // Contractor Magazine;Sep99 Supplement, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p15
Argues that selecting the right heating equipment for the homes can affect health and comfort. Why it affects health and comfort; How humidity affects comfort level; Impact of air movement on comfort; Effect of radiant energy; Advantages of hot water heating; How baseboard heating works.
- Taking The Indirect Road To Savings. Caruso, Pete // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/02/98, Vol. 205 Issue 9, p9
Discusses the benefits of using indirect tanks for high-volume domestic water heating. Heat sources for indirect tanks; Description of the most common set-up for domestic hot water systems; Types of tanks used for indirect heating; Strategies to prevent the accumulation of lime in hard-water areas.
- Find Ways To Meet Customers' Needs With Integrated Mechanical Systems. Turpin, Joanna R. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/02/98, Vol. 205 Issue 9, p12
Discusses various types of integrated mechanical systems for water heating. Hydronic systems; Air-source heat pump water heaters; Desuperheaters; Multi-function, full-condensing systems; Fossil-fired and electric options; Systems with and without tanks; Factors to remember when deciding which...
- Equipment totals are up. // LP/Gas;Apr96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p31
Highlights the report of heating and water heating equipment during the last quarter of 1995, released by the Gas Appliance Manufacturers Association (GAMA). Increased volume totals in electric water heaters, gas unit heaters and gas duct furnaces.
- A Tankless Job. Gaulkin, Zachary // This Old House;Jun2001, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p60
Discusses benefits of on-demand water heaters in homes. Working of the tankless water heating systems; Comparative features of tankless and tank-style water heaters.