- HUMAN COMPONENTS OF LOW ENERGY BUILDINGS. Kalmár, Tünde; Zöld, András // Environmental Engineering & Management Journal (EEMJ);Sep2011, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p1249
The concept of passive and low energy houses became fashionable in the last years and the European Parliament also initiated a proposal to build only near zero energy houses from 2018. The regulations already in force aim at low energy consumption (most likely influenced by the wide spreading of...
- Waste of Money? Elovitz, Gary M. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Dec2011, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses the use of strainers to remove debris from outside-air coils, examining a time when the author installed strainer baskets in a system where the old coils had frozen and found that the strainers were removing significant amounts of debris.
- Lower cost but higher risk. // Process Engineering;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p28
The article discusses the cost and risk on the methods of heating systems for filtration.
- Laboratory Measurements to Quantify the Effect of Bypass on Filtration Efficiency. Chojnowski, David B.; Nigro, Paul J.; Siegel, Jeffrey A.; Kosar, Douglas R. // ASHRAE Transactions;2009, Vol. 115 Issue 1, p199
The issue of filter bypass has long been a topic of much interest in the HVAC industry, but to date, there has been limited work that quantifies the effect of bypass on filtration efficiency. In this research, an ASHRAE 52.2 compliant test loop was used to study bypass. A matrix consisting of...
- Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning. // Plant Engineering;Nov2005, Vol. 59 Issue 11, p89
The article features heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems included in the 18th annual "Product of the Year" competition of "Plant Engineering" journal in the U.S. These include: modulating infrared heater from Roberts-Gordon LLC, spot cooler for small spaces from MovinCool, cooling...
- Engineer's Technical LIBRARY. // Engineered Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, Supplement p1
Features several heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment, catalogs and brochures. Filters; Unitary protocol converter; Fabric ventilation; Humidifiers; Pressure sensors and transducers brochure; Electrode steam humidifier brochure.
- HOME INSULATION. Madden, Georgia // Australian House & Garden;Jul2015, p156
The article offers information on insulating one's home to have year-round thermal comfort without hefty power bills. Karim Muri, national marketing manager at Kingspan Insulation, says that insulation should be one's first line of defence against the chill. Combining insulation with...
- EIGHT SUMMER HVAC CLEANING HACKS FOR HOME & WORK. Hitch, John // New Equipment Digest;Jul2016, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p36
The article suggests cheaper ways to improve the function of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems at work and home. Topics discussed include changing filters, cleaning around the outdoor condenser unit, avoiding use of power washer, checking cleaner labels, cooling tower...
- HVAC&R Product Showplace. // ASHRAE Journal;Feb2012, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p81
The article presents several heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration products, including the Ultramizer boiler heat recovery system from Cannon Boiler Works, UltraTouch denim insulation from Bonded Logic, and the EC03 line of recycled plastic filters from Columbus Industries.