A Matter of Support
- A Matter of Style. Versteegen, Kris // SGB;Dec2006, Vol. 39 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the impact that style has been having on the winter sports apparel industry. Because high-quality waterproof/breathable and windproof/breathable fabrics are now commonplace, style and fashion are becoming more of the focus than technical properties. General style trends in...
- SAFETY SELLS, BUT WHO'S BUYING? Roderick, Tom // Dealernews;Jan2006 Supplement, Vol. 42, p14
The article talks about helmet manufacturers and purchasers in the U.S. Scorpion's Anderson chose the Snell rating over the BCI ratings. According to a study conducted by J. D. Power and Associates, comfort and style of the helmet are the top two elements influencing purchasers. Arai offers four...
- From fiber raw materials for sportswear and protective clothing. // Melliand International;Dec2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p244
The International Man-Made Fibers Congress held in Austria in 2004 highlighted developments from raw materials to sportswear and protective clothing. The manifold possibilities to gain additional functions of man-made fibers pervaded the entire congress program. In the area of surfaces and...
- Riding on the Sheep's Back. // Bicycling Australia;May/Jun2008, Issue 151, p86
The article describes trends in the manufacture and properties of pieces of clothing used for cycling, particularly those pieces made from wool. Experiments with different layers of wool resulted to the emergence of brands selling merino base layers, mid layers and bike jerseys. Benefits and...
- Casual and Comfortable: Keys to Sportswear Gains. Silverman, Dick // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/26/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 59, p20
Reports on the decline of sales of casual office clothing in the United States. Casual comfort in sportswear sales in the U.S.; Growth of all sportswear categories; Gains in sweaters; Sales of petite clothing.
- Major bridge makers banking on key items to rescue holiday. Lockwood, Lisa; D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/31/95, Vol. 169 Issue 104, p1
Focuses on the fashion styles that bridge makers are banking on for their 1995 holiday-resort sportswear business. Price increases on the fashion line; Emanuel/Emanuel Ungaro; ABS; CK Calvin Klein; Dana Buchman; Andrea Jovine; Searle Blatt; Onward Kashiyama Co. Ltd.; Retail price range of...
- Italy's production Hits the Road. Zargani, Luisa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/19/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 75, p6
Presents an update on the sportswear business in Italy as of October 2000. Sportswear manufacturers' adjustment to modern economic reality of rising wages and consumer expectations of low prices by moving portions of their production out of the country; Precedent move of Gruppo Miroglio of...
- ON TRACK: News. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p9
A timeline is presented that describes the developments in the sports apparel sector from September to October 2012.
- Activewear goes the distance. Mammerella, James // Discount Store News;2/3/93, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p63
Looks at the growing popularity of activewear in the United States in 1996. Prediction of further growth for this segment in 1997; Companies' with activewear plans for 1997.