FREE LITERATURE & SOFTWARE
- Warm Up to Geothermal. LaGesse, David // U.S. News & World Report;12/31/2007, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p56
This article discusses how geothermal heating/cooling units work and how they can save homeowners money in fuel costs. Geothermal units involve the installation of tubing deep enough in the ground so that water passing through can extract the constant 55-degree heat of the earth. This allows the...
- Geothermal Comes in More than One Flavor. Tomczyk, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/21/2011, Vol. 244 Issue 12, p18
The article offers information related to geothermal heat pumps. It mentions that geothermal heat pumps are used to remove heat from the earth's crust. It cites direct geoexchange technology, the term used by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)...
- Product Focus: Geothermal. // PM Engineer;Nov2015, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p43
The article evaluates geothermal products including geothermal heat pump series from Modine Manufacturing Co., 3 Series 300A11 geothermal heat pump from WaterFurnace International Inc. and geothermal flow centers from Bosch Thermotechnology.
- Digging Up Easy-To-Install Systems. Koschka, Bob // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/14/2005, Vol. 226 Issue 11, p34
Provides tips on how to choose the easy-to-install geothermal systems. Main components of a geothermal system; Factors to look for in a system's design; Features to look for in seven different types of units.
- Geothermal Home Heating. Weichman, Frank // Alberta Science Education Journal;Aug2015, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p38
The article provides an overview of geothermal home heating and its potential in Alberta. Topics discussed include the application of basic physics in the evaluation of geothermal heating, the economics and ecological implications of geothermal heating, and the sources of geothermal heating...
- Let Geothermal Cut Water Heating Costs. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/02/98, Vol. 205 Issue 9, p11
Features the Premier Plus geothermal heating system from WaterFurnace International Inc. Advances in geothermal technology; Example of the savings achieved by both the desuperheater and the Premier Plus; Installation of a Premier Plus in a home in Panama City, Florida.
- WaterFurnace Intl. Inc. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/16/2013, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the release of the Five Series 502W12 and Seven Series/700A11 geothermal heat pumps from WaterFurnace International Inc.
- WaterFurnace announces return of SEVENbration rebate program. // Contractor Magazine;Nov2014, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p38
The article reports that WaterFurnace Inti. Inc. has announced the return of SEVENbration, a rebate program for homeowners in Fort Wayne, Indana, through December 19, 2014 who upgrade to the 7 Series variable capacity geothermal heat pump through participating WaterFurnace dealers.
- WaterFurnace. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;9/18/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 3, p40
The article evaluates WaterFurnace's Envision Series geothermal heat pump and offers information on the product's serviceability and noise reduction feature.