Microstar's near & far designer
- Microstar will make it easier to use SGML. Jones, Chris // InfoWorld;8/26/96, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p6
Reports on Microstar Software Ltd.'s introduction of its Near & Far Author 2.0 software. Features and capabilities; Shipment schedule; List price.
- Microstar brings SGML near mainstream. // CD-ROM Professional;Nov96, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p16
Reports on Microstar Software's introduction of Near & Far Author 2.0 for Microsoft Word, an SGML authoring software which will form the foundation of a mainstream SGML solution for the various electronic formats. Integration with Word 7, the Web and document management systems; Open architecture.
- Hope for the SGML savant is Near & Far away. Boeri, Robert J.; Hensel, Martin // CD-ROM Professional;Jun96, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p49
Looks at Microstar Software Ltd.'s Near & Far Designer software as a SGML development tool. Features; Compatible systems; Design issues for document type definition; Advantages and disadvantages.
- Microstar ships SGML ware for PC environment. Rooney, Paula // PC Week;9/02/96, Vol. 13 Issue 35, p29
Reports on Microstar Software Ltd.'s Near & Far 2.0 SGML authoring software package. Features; Comments from executives.
- XML weaves itself into a variety of products. Walsh, Jeff; Gardner, Dana // InfoWorld;06/15/98, Vol. 20 Issue 24, p83
Introduces the computer software Microstar Software's Near & Far Designer 3.0 and Autonomy Inc.'s Agentware Knowledge Server which include an Extensible Markup Language tagging module. Capabilities; Recommended retail price; Features.
- New toolkits support support SGML-based publishing. // CD-ROM Professional;Feb96, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p22
Focuses on IDM by DigiTome Limited and NEAR & FAR Author by Microstar Software Limited which can enhance standard generalized markup language (SGML)-based publishing. When both toolkits were introduced; Features of both products.
- Stock trading for investor dummies. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/05/99, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p1B
Focuses on the launching of the stock trading software, Indigo from Microstar Software Ltd.
- Near & Far Designer simplifies DTD file construction. Senna, Jeff // InfoWorld;07/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p63
Features the SGML development software Near & Far Designer 3.0 developed by Microstar Software Ltd. Capabilities and limitations; Suggested retail price; Operating system support; Ordering information.
- Microstar plans move to mainstream. // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;5/31/96, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p43
Reports on the reorganization at Microstar Software Ltd. Relocation to larger offices in Ottawa; Expansion plans; Utilization of standard generalized markup language in systems; Management appointments.