A REVIEW OF NEW PRODUCTS
- Apc price-to-performance ratio. // Australian Personal Computer;May2005, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p62
The article informs that it is not easy to squeeze a powerful PC into a package one can carry around all day. Notebook manufacturers regularly cut corners somewhere to keep things slim, so this Labs Challenge particularly looked for features that may have been omitted, or designs that made too...
- Looking Forward. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;7/11/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p42
This article provides information on several computer products set for release in the U.S. in 2005. MusicGremlin adds wireless music download ability to a hard-drive-based portable music player. LeapFrog's The Fly is a combination of educational learning aid and gaming device.
- Searching for MagSafe Accessories. Frakes, Dan // Macworld;Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p25
The article considers the MagSafe power connector as one of the niftiest features introduced when Apple rolled out its Intel-based laptops in 2006. The MagSafe power connector is the magnetic ring surrounding four small power nubs at the end of the notebook's power cable. If one moves the...
- Add it Up. // Fortune;Summer2000 Technology Guide, Vol. 141 Issue 11, p154
Discusses the different components of a computer system. Why the monitor is one of the most important pieces of computing equipment; The two primary printing technologies; The features that scanners offer; Storage options and their limitations; Information about audio speakers, zip drives,...
- Innovation on show. Mailath, Nick // Australian PC User;Aug2007, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p8
The article highlights the 2007 Computex Taipei exhibition in Taiwan. The show featured almost 3,000 booths with products ranging from standard computer components like memory, motherboards and graphic cards, to home entertainment products. Foxconn has a comprehensive display of the latest...
- LEADERBOARD. // InfoWorld;7/26/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p48
This section presents a list of computer hardware which have been reviewed in 2004.
- Add Two Displays to Your Notebook PC. Ettenson, Kalpana // PCWorld;Feb2006, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p61
The article evaluates the microcomputer display device DualHead2Go from Matrox and offers information on its features and capabilities.
- Ports and recreation. // MacUser;Oct2014, p60
The article evaluates several laptop docking stations including the StarTech dock, the Matrox and the CalDigit.
- GATEWAY UNVEILS 17-INCH WIDESCREEN NOTEBOOK. // PC Business Products;Sep2005, pN.PAG
The article provides information on the new line of back-to-school notebook personal computers launched by Gateway Inc. Designed for families, students and small business professionals, the Gateway 8510GZ is ideal for productivity, entertainment, studies and work. In addition to its 17-inch...