Twisting and turning
- Points From High Point. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;10/25/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p26
The article discusses the prospects of home furnishing business. It was not just furniture folks who were trying to sort out what is happening and how to handle the scenario of the home furnishing business, but it was a swath of suppliers from home textiles companies, to lighting and decorative...
- PuertaBella.com targeting designers with new program. // Home Accents Today;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p194
Reports on the Platinum Trade program of PuertaBella.com, an e-commerce provider of home accents and furniture in the United States. Targeting of professional designers; Expansion into the business-to-business segment; Plans to partner with the American Society of Interior Designers.
- Leading E-tailers. // Furniture/Today;8/5/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 48, p11
The article features the leading electronic retailers (e-tailers) in the furniture industry, particularly in the U.S., as of early August 2013. Amazon.com posted an estimated total sales of 61.1 billion dollars in 2012. The other featured top e-tailers include Anthology Furniture, BedPlanet.com,...
- Ready-to-sell merchants fill big niche. Edmonds, Tom // Furniture/Today;2/16/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p58
Presents the author's comments on his ready-to-sell furniture column for the "Furniture/Today" magazine in the U.S. Rationale for the ready-to-sell column; Factors for the success of ready-to-sell home furnishings; Quick delivery of ready-to-sell products desired by customers; Efforts of home...
- Malaysia sees positive signs. Russell, Thomas // Furniture/Today;3/14/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p1
The article focuses on the economic condition of the Malaysian furniture industry due to the decline in the sales of the industry in the U.S. Malaysian furniture manufacturers have acquired positive news regarding the market condition of the industry at the Malaysian International Furniture Fair...
- Diplomatic information. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p6
Reports on the Great Britain Trade and Investment diplomatic service's publication of guides about British furnitures and furnishings, for distribution via the embassies and consulates worldwide. Benefits to the furniture industry.
- Reassurance! // Cabinet Maker;7/3/2009, Issue 5644, p3
The article presents the author's view on the effect of recession to the furniture industry in Great Britain. He asserts that the economic downturn has been affecting the industry long before it has been officially recognized by the government. He notes that despite of this, there is still a...
- Danish manufacturers elevate design to an art. McIntosh, Jay // Furniture/Today;5/31/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p29
Comments on issues facing Danish furniture manufacturers as of May 2004. Challenges facing manufacturers in Denmark; Danish companies' success in elevating design to an art; Highlights of the Scandinavian Furniture Fair, held May 2004 in Copenhagen.
- A market in the country where it all began. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;6/21/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p31
Highlights Furnex 2004, the first international furniture and furnishings fair in Cairo, Egypt held on June 2004. Impact of the show's tagline "Where it All began" on how industry members view the event; History of the Egyptian furniture industry; Manufacturing technologies showcased; Furniture...