APPROVAL SYSTEM SPEEDS PROJECTS
- Selecting a Product or Services Using the Request for Proposal Process. Metrick, Gloria // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 12, pL-8
Discusses ways of selecting computer software products and services using the request for proposal process (RFP). Questions and issues to consider in defining one's needs; Tips for the creation of vendors' list of both software and services; Advantages of issuing RFP; Steps in writing the RFP.
- Web services. Sullivan, Tom // InfoWorld;03/12/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p38
Discusses the growth of Web service providers in the United States. Information on Web services software; Standards and protocols; Forecast for Web services.
- Never-fail business services. Dubie, Denise // Network World;9/23/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p56
Focuses on the impact of growing management software on business services. Incorporation of information technology managers on network management software; Correlation of data performance on network devices; Creation of information technology on business critical service models.
- Is an ASP Right for You? Colvard, Michael; Charles, Steven; Bethke, Walter // Review of Ophthalmology;Dec2000, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p25
Discusses the pros and cons of using an application service provider (ASP). Speed; Cost; Internet connection; Privacy.
- Enterprises: Defining infrastructure for APM. Taylor, Bart; Taylor, Dan // Communications News;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p78
Discusses the role of enterprise deployments in shaping application performance management (APM) infrastructure. Factors influencing the adoption of APM innovations by service providers; Impact of enterprise technology choices on the infrastructures that service providers are seeking; Key...
- Getting equipped to start surfing the Net. Jones, Janice // People Management;1/25/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p44
Summarizes ways of getting access to the Internet. Tip on selecting a modem; Companies providing computer services; Source of software needed to get on-line.
- Catching up en servicios intensivos en conocimiento: el caso de la producciÃ³n de software y servicios informÃ¡ticos de Argentina y Brasil. Maldonado, Mauricio Uriona; Morero, Hernán Alejandro; Borrastero, Carina // Revista Iberoamericana de Ciencia, Tecnologia y Sociedad;sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 24, p115
In recent years, Latin America has undergone an increase of activities in the sectors related to knowledge intensive business services. Such increase brings with it new development prospects for the region. The aim of this paper is to compare the structural characteristics and innovative...
- The Battle for the E-Treasury Client. Brandman, James // Global Finance;Nov99, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p37
Focuses on the competition between software providers and information service providers in the market for on-line treasury management solutions. Three groups of the market; Comments from Mike Ruegg, vice president and product manager at Bank One; Prediction made by Nathaniel Fraiberger, chief...
- Brix supplies tools to verify SLAs. Greene, Tim // Network World;10/02/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 40, p39
Features Brix Networks in Billerica, Massachusetts. Development of software that monitors traffic on public Internet Protocol networks; Use of network-monitoring gear for service providers to assure service-level agreement verification; Details on the BrixWorx management software.