- Limelight poised for 57m pounds MBO. // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p6
Reports on the possibility that fitted furniture retailer Limelight could go private after its management offered to buy the group.
- Retailers positive as sales values increase. // Cabinet Maker;04/13/2001, Issue 5233, p2
Focuses on the value of sales increase of furniture retailers in Great Britain for the year 2001. Value of sales for the year 2000; Growth of bedroom furniture sales; Sales for Alstons and modern styles.
- A minute on the clockâ€¦Suzi Fitt. Manson, Emily // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/22/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4430, p11
The article presents an interview with Suzi Fitt, co-owner of furniture design company Bampton Designs. When asked where does she got all her design ideas, she reveals that a lot of the designs are client-driven. She believes the key to the success of the company is its reliability. She thinks...
- Backing knowledge. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p37
Reports on British furniture manufacturer Alstons' web site that provides information on its bedroom cabinet collection. Provision of a trade brochure for retailers to familiarize themselves with the company; Offer of an overview of the production facilities on the upholstery and cabinets.
- The verdict. // Cabinet Maker;10/29/2004, Issue 5412, p37
Analyzes the web site of British furniture manufacturer Alstons based on several criteria. Impressive accessibility; Use of the company color green as the web site's color; Ease of navigation; Availability of product information.
- Shop window. // Cabinet Maker;10/31/2003, Issue 5362, p10
Highlights furniture available as of October 31, 2003. Dining pieces from Alstons; Nordic Interiors' wheeled occasional tables; Home office system from Form.
- At home with Alstons. // Cabinet Maker;6/27/2008, Issue 5593, p9
The article reports on the move of Alstons, a family-owned bedroom furniture and upholstery specialists, to revamp both their showrooms at their Ipswich headquarters in England. It states that it aims to create an in store experience, and the effect was an instant hit with retailers who attended...
- Limelight excitement dies down. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;03/10/2000, Issue 5178, p6
Reports on developments in the stock market activity in the furniture industry in Great Britain as of March 6, 2000. Gain of Limelight on its management buyout approach; Gain of Marks & Spencer based on a rumor of a bid from Carrefour of France.
- Limelight brighter after MBO bid. Friars, Austin // Cabinet Maker;08/18/2000, Issue 5201, p5
Reports that Limelight's disappointing stock figures were offset by news of a proposed management buyout at a certain amount of share. Share prices for other furniture retailers and manufacturers for the week ended August 14, 2000.