- Cromarty History Society. // History Scotland Magazine;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p58
The article offers information on the Cromarty, Scotland History Society's program of talks to be held on March 20, 2014.
- Jono Sungailos giminÄ—: istorinÄ— tradicija ir istoriografijos pasiekimai. JANKAUSKAS, Vytas // Kaunas History Chronicle;2012, Issue 12, p7
Jonas Sungaila is the first Elder of Kaunas known from the historiographical sources. He held a high position in the palace of Vytautas, was an active participant of diplomatic and military affairs, and a presumable leader of Kaunas regiment at the battle of Å½algiris. Contrary to the...
- Who Do You Think You Are Live! // History Scotland Magazine;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p59
The article announces that the publication "History Scotland Magazine" attended the first Scottish version of the family history and genealogy event "Who Do You Think You Are Live!" which was held August 29 and 30, 2014 at the Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre (SECC) in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Family and local history events. // History Scotland Magazine;Sep/Oct2016, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p61
A calendar is presented of local history events in Scotland for September and October 2016 including the Angus Heritage Week, the Lanarkshire Local & Family History Show at Motherwell Concert Hall, and the Fife Family History Fair.
- On separating memory from historical science: a critique and three Austrian cases. Rebel, Hermann // Focaal;2004, Vol. 2004 Issue 44, p119
To illustrate its critique of a professional-academic practice of separating 'scientific history' from 'popular memory' perceptions, this article examines three examples from current Austrian historiography and memorial constructions. The cases under consideration, all relevant to Austrian...
- Departe de modernitate, departe de munte: povestea deruralizÄƒrii Ã®n MunÅ£ii Sibillini (Italia) Ã®ntre istorie ÅŸi etnografie. PIERMATTEI, SANDRO // Memoria Ethnologica;jul-dec2013, Vol. 13 Issue 48/49, p22
Study deruralization processes in the territory of Monti Sibillini means addressing a complex subject in which scholars have to face both subjective perspectives, exploring ethnographically the family stories, and multiple historiographical perspectives with their different interpretative...
- REGIONALNY PORADNIK GENEALOGICZNY - KWERENDY I ICH WYNIKI NA PRZYKÅADZIE BADAÅƒ AUTORA DOTYCZÄ„CYCH UNIEJOWA I OKOLIC. SZKUTNIK, Piotr // Uniejow Bulletin / Biuletyn Uniejowski;2014, Issue 3, p165
The author's ancestors lived in UniejÃ³w and its region as early as the end of the 18th and in the 19th century. The ascendents of his mother living at the turn of the 18th century were sheep-farmers, of whom the WiÅ›niewski family lived first in Brudzew, and then their son Marcin in...
- Adoptive families create a sense of community. Ginsberg, Johanna // New Jersey Jewish News;4/14/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 15, p4
Information about the Congregation Agudath Israel of West Essex held in Caldwell, New Jersey is presented. The meeting focused on how to tell the children their story of coming home and being born and how to manage the inevitable elementary school family tree project with the adopted children....
- Upcoming Genealogical Society Events. // Family Chronicle;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p50
A calendar of events related to genealogy in the U.S. from January to July 2015 is presented including the monthly meeting of the Wichita Genealogical Society, RootsTech 2015 conference, and the 34th Annual Ancestor Roundup Genealogy Conference.