Bigger, Better, Quality
Tags: MERCHANDISE licensing
- Garments go for gold. Demery, Paul // Discount Store News;9/6/93, Vol. 32 Issue 17, pA30
No abstract available.
- Licenses are roaring for teams, characters. Mammarella, James // Discount Store News;7/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 14, p1
Reports on trends in licensed products merchandising. State-of-the-art merchandising for the Disney motion picture `Lion King'; Increased price points for licensed apparel; Regional and local hero identification; Ideas for licensed merchandise from the Licensing Industry Merchandisers'...
- What's hot in licensing. // Discount Store News;3/18/96, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p31
Reports on Optigraphics' use of a patented process called Magic Motion, graphics that combine three-dimension and multi-image flicker imagery, in apparel. Optigraphics' granting of a license for Magic Motion to Licensing Link; Looney Tunes and Winnie the Pooh as among the first licenses to...
- Licensing brings spice of life to the shopping experience. Kapner, Jerry // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p14
Talks about licensing of products for retail in the United States. Homogenization of retail; Properties available at the Licensing Show scheduled for June 25 to 27, 1996; Benefits of licensing.
- Brand equity: The building blocks of licensing. Wilensky, Dawn // Discount Store News;6/17/96, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p33
Focuses on the development of a strong licensed program for retail companies in the United States. Brand equity as a lucrative undertaking; Requirements of a strong brand presence; Support from theatrical release, home video, television or toy tie-ins; Planning for a licensed program.
- ILMA sponsors workshop. // Discount Store News;5/11/98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, pA6
No abstract available.
- Vendor news. // Discount Store News;7/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p35
Reports on developments concerning merchandise licensing in the United States as of July 27, 1998. Includes Viacom Consumer Products' plans to expand its Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. restaurant chain; Equity Marketing's acquisition of Corinthian Marketing.
- Event properties fight it out. Scally, Robert // Discount Store News;7/27/98, Vol. 37 Issue 14, p35
Reports on an increase in the number of licensing programs built around children's entertainment and educational properties in the United States. Success of merchandising Dreamworks' `Small Soldiers' and Walt Disney's `Mulan'; Merchandising strategy of Fox Consumer Products.
- Vendor news. // Discount Store News;8/24/98, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p31
Presents news items related to merchandise licensing in the United States as of August 24, 1998. Includes MicroProse Inc.'s purchase of the license of computer game rights to FIM Road Racing World Champions GP 500; Nickelodeon's naming of Grupo Losani SA as its licensing and merchandising agent.
- New licensing niche: Artists. McAllister, Liane // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Jun96, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p156
Focuses on art licensing business as a growing niche. Share in the American licensing market; Launch of new licensing companies and new divisions for gift/collectibles resources; Licensing of designs; Launch of student competition for licensed CARE products by the Fashion Institute of...