The changing trailer business
- Replenishment will steer market in the right direction, Stu MacKay predicts. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p13
The article focuses on the bullish outlook for the trailer parts aftermarket in North America for 2014. It mentions a forecast from Stu MacKay, president of market research and consulting firm MacKay & Co., of a 3.3% market increase, his remark on the uncertainty with the truck-buying public...
- Time for TEA. // Commercial Motor;7/26/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5239, p36
The article reports on the accuracy of road freight forecasting of MacKay and Co. using the Truckable Economic Activity (TEA) tool. It cites that the company forecasts demand for new vehicles and predicts the operating base of trucks in various weight classes indicating aftermarket demand....
- Is your chin strap buckled? Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2011, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p38
The article presents the outlook of Stu MacKay, president of MacKay & Co. and Eric Starks, president of FTR Associates, on the U.S. economy and its impact on the truck and trailer industry. MacKay emphasizes that the U.S. economy is still in the recovery phase, not in the expansion phase. MacKay...
- The good, the bad, and the ugly. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2009, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p42
The article discusses the highlights of the 2009 Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week's Aftermarket Forum. Dave Fulghum, the vice president of Mackay & Co. reported on the state of the trucking aftermarket in 2009. He said the good news is that average vehicle age increased in 2008. Fulghum, Mackay & Co....
- The Road Ahead. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2012, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p43
A calendar of events for the trailer manufacturing industry in North America for January-October 2013, including the Heavy Duty Aftermarket Week conference, the American Truck Dealers (ATD) convention and expo, and the 71st Annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association Convention.
- Fleets will buy more trucks, parts in 2014. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;
The article reports on a forecast by MacKay & Assocs. President Stu MacKay of a 17% rise in the sales of retail trucks in the U.S. in 2014.
- NATM targeting record turnout. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2015, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p40
The article offers information on the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers Convention & Trade Show to be held at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa in Las Vegas, Nevada from February 9 to 12, 2016.
- CALENDAR. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p47
A calendar of events for the global truck industry in March 2010 to September 2011 is presented including the National Association of Trailer Manufacturers (NATM) convention and trade show, the American Truck Dealers (ATD) convention and exposition, and the Commercial Vehicle Operator Show.
- Remembering the Alamo at TTMA. Sauer, Bruce // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2008, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p4
The article discusses the highlights of the 65th annual Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association (TTMA) convention at Alamo in San Antonio, Texas. Notable speakers who provided lecture included 21st Century Forecasting president Don Reynolds and ACT Research senior partner Ken Vieth. Some of the...