Systemic health reform should be a higher priority in African aid projects, experts say
- Update from CIMS. // GENESIS;2009, Issue 1, p10
The article offers information on the Coalition for Improving Maternity Services (CIMS) 2009 Mother-Friendly Childbirth Forum and Annual Meeting, to be held in San Diego, California, from March 5 to March 7, 2009.
- Reproductive health in emergencies: new initiatives, renewed commitment. Tebbets, Claire // Forced Migration Review;Oct2008, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p75
The article presents information from the Reproductive Health (RH) in Emergencies Conference 2008, held in Kampala, Uganda in June 2008. Topics covered during the conference include the improvement of maternal health during humanitarian crises, prevention of sexual violence during times of...
- Risks, Responsibilities and Real Benefits: EDC Hosts Session on Democratic Republic of Congo. // Export Wise;Summer2007, p7
Information about the topics discussed during the session hosted by the Export Development Corp. (EDC) and Robert Greenhill of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) in Canada on May 24, 2007 is presented. It focused on the issues on the extractive industries operating in...
- Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) Workshop Review. McLelland, Gayle // Journal of Emergency Primary Health Care;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p1
Information about several topics discussed at the Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics (ALSO) workshop recently held in Melbourne, Australia is presented. The workshop focuses on safety in maternity care, labour dystocia, vaginal bleeding in late pregnancy, and birth crisis. Using evidence-based...
- Coming late to motherhood: a workshop for professionals. Baxter, Jackle // British Journal of Midwifery;Aug2009, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p510
The article discusses the highlights of a workshop aimed at raising the awareness in the area of care for pregnant women who are over 35 years of age in Great Britain in 2009. The event started with an introduction on the topic about the duty of health professionals to deliver care for older...
- ARM Summer National Meeting. Jowitt, Margaret // Midwifery Matters;Autumn2008, Issue 118, p25
Information about several papers discussed at the national meeting sponsored by the Association of Radical Midwives on the rights of every childbearing woman and her family should have an access to midwifery care is presented. Topics include the vision of the International Confederation of...
- Workshop on Promoting Change in Children's Health Care. Crall, James; Jaffe, Margot // Pediatric Dentistry;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p432
Information about the workshop presented at the 15th Annual College of Diplomates Symposium in Nashville, Tennessee is presented, which aimed a promoting change in children's health care.
- Chairman's Message. Wright-Pascoe, R. // West Indian Medical Journal;2009 Supplement 4, Vol. 58, p2
The article offers information on the 18th Annual Research Conference and Workshop on Child Health: From the Womb to Adolescence to be held in Mona, Jamaica on November 11-13, 2009.
- 18th Annual Research Conference and Workshop on Child Health: Programme. // West Indian Medical Journal;2009 Supplement 4, Vol. 58, p3
The article offers information on the 18th Annual Research Conference and Workshop on Child Health to be held in Mona, Jamaica from November 11 to 13, 2009.