Is there a future for labour history? The May 1997 conference of the Society for the Study of Labour History
- SUDAN: UNITY IN DIVERSITY. Akol, Jacob // New African;Apr2003, Issue 417, p42
Reports on the third Southern Sudan workshop held in Nairobi, Kenya, where Southern Sudanese from various ethnic communities and civil societies gathered to explore ways and means to establish peace among themselves. Number of Southern Sudanese who participated in the workshop; Roles for which...
- APOC set to meet. // Fifth Estate;Summer2012, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p43
The article offers information on the Anarchist People of Color Convergence (APOC) to be held in New Orleans, Louisiana from July 12-15, 2012
- SAALT Holds First Regional Conference in New Jersey. // India -- West;2/19/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 13, pA4
Information about several topics discussed at the regional conference of the South Asian Americans Leading Together organization in New Jersey is presented.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ACTIVITIES. // Journal of Southern History;May2010, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p535
The article offers information on the Southern Labor Studies Conference April 7 through 10, 2011 in Atlanta, Georgia, including a call for papers.
- CONFERENCE REPORT. Moher, Jim; Dobson, C.R.; Rule, John; Berg, Maxine; Randall, Adrian; Behagg, Clive; Leeson, R.A.; Haynes, Mike; Fyson, Robert; Sykes, Robert; Harrison, J.F.C. // Bulletin -- Society for the Study of Labour History;Autumn84, Issue 49, p7
This article discusses abstracts of research papers on labor history in Great Britain, presented during the 1984 conference of the Society for the Study of Labour History. The rule of law in Labor disputes has engrossed public attention since the 1960s in Great Britain. Historians still dispute...
- SOCIETY NEWS. // Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour Histo;May1962, Issue 2, p93
The article presents news briefs on events related to the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History (ASLH). Information on the first meeting of the Melbourne branch of the ASLH, convened by elected chairman Sam Merrifield, is provided. The Queensland Trades and Labor Council have...
- REPORT OF THE FIRST ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING. // Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour Histo;Nov1962, Issue 3, p77
The article presents news briefs on events related to the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History (ASLH). A report of the first annual ASLH general meeting held at the University of Sydney on August 21, 1962 is presented. The meeting was chaired by Doctor E. C. Fry. A list of elected...
- Good Times, Hard Times? Making Australian Labour History, Remaking Australian Society: The 13th National Labour History Conference, Trades Hall, Sydney, 11-13 July 2013. Lockwood, Gary // Labour History;Nov2013, Issue 105, p237
Information concerning the Australian National Labour History Conference, held between July 11, 2013, and July 13, 2013, at the Trades Hall in Sydney, New South Wales, is presented. The article discusses presentations by British House of Lords member Maurice Glasman, University of Sydney...
- GENERAL MEETING: AUSTRALIAN SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF LABOUR HISTORY. // Labour History;May1969, Issue 16, p74
The article presents information on news and events concerning at the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History. Information on events that took place at the general meeting of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History held on January 11, 1969 in Canberra, Australian...