Better home care and better pay for doctors urged at CMA town hall
- CMA delegates defer call for national discussion of medically assisted death. Eggertson, Laura // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;9/17/2013, Vol. 185 Issue 13, pE623
The article reports on the move by doctors who attended the 146th annual General Council meeting of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to defer a request from their Quebec colleagues to conduct a national public consultation on medically assisted death. A law has been proposed in Quebec that...
- CMA General Council: Influencing the future of medicine. Cunningham, William // British Columbia Medical Journal;Oct2013, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p363
The article discusses the highlights of the 2013 annual General Council (GC) meeting of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) held in Calgary, Alberta. The author emphasizes that the meeting offers the thousands of physicians in Canada to take a national stand in issues affecting physicians or...
- Hear ye, hear ye! // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;06/16/98, Vol. 158 Issue 12, p1596
Mentions that the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) will hold its annual meeting in Whitehorse, Yukon in September 1998.
- Looking back and looking ahead as the CMA turns 130. Bennett, John // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p938
Features a look at the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) as it approaches a celebration of its founding 130 years ago. The changes the CMA has witnessed and the challenges ahead; The history of the CMA; How the CMA operates; What it might anticipate.
- CMA conference to look at role research plays when critical policy decisions are being made. Wharry, Steven // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;02/01/97, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p428
Announces the Canadian Medical Association's 9th Annual Leadership Conference. Date; Venue; Topic; Contact information.
- How do we modernize medicare? // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/14/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 4, p421
The article offers information on the Canadian Medical Association's (CMA) 140th annual meeting to be held in Vancouver, British Columbia in August 2007.
- REFERRAL/CONSULTATION PROCESS now solidly on national agenda. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Nov2010 MD Lounge Supplement, p6
The article offers information on the joint meeting of the Canadian Medical Association's (CMA's) General Practitioners (GP) Forum and Specialist Forum on February 6, 2010. It says that the meeting discussed ways to improve the referral and consultation process in the medical field. It adds that...
- It's all `free'. Mulawka // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;09/13/99, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p32
Focuses on the shortage of medical doctors in Canada. 1999 Canadian Medical Association conference in Ottawa, Ontario; Ratio of doctors with patients in the country; Conference observers' suggestion to reduce patient's demand for health services; Internship programs for doctors in Alberta;...
- On_the_Net@cma.ca. Bolster, Ann // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;10/01/97, Vol. 157 Issue 7, p945
Reports that both the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) and its subsidiary, MC Management Ltd., have been working to develop and deliver services online. The growing demand as concluded by a CMA 1997 questionnaire; The difficulty for physicians with the new medium; Training courses developed...