Symposium: Uncovered: The Policing of Sex Work
- Prostitution and Human Trafficking: A Paradigm Shift. Marcin, Steve // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Mar2013, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the common circumstances and background of the prostitute women. It notes the result of the analysis conducted by the Anaheim Police Department (APD) in California, which indicates that prostitutes were victims to sex trafficking, and most of them believed that selling...
- Editor Introduction. Albanese, Jay // European Journal on Criminal Policy & Research;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p239
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses various reports within the issue on topics including mobility of sex workers in European cities, human trafficking and sexual exploitation, and human trafficking report from Dutch National Rapporteur.
- Sex work in Cambodia. Stromberg, Paula // Xtra (Toronto);4/5/2012, Issue 716, p14
The article presents issues confronting sex workers in Cambodia, citing the advocacy of the Women's Network Unity (WNU) to amend anti-human trafficking laws and to recognize sex work.
- Human trafficking and drug distribution in Sweden from a market perspective-similarities and differences. Korsell, Lars; Vesterhav, Daniel; Skinnari, Johanna // Trends in Organized Crime;Jun2011, Vol. 14 Issue 2/3, p100
Based on several studies, the aim of the article is to compare trafficking in women for the purpose of sexual exploitation to trafficking in drugs. Women are recruited and drugs are bought in other countries and transported to Sweden. What are the similarities and differences between the...
- Intersections: Review essay, Sex Work, Migration and Trafficking Identity Matters: Non-Sex Workers Writing About Sex Work. Jeffreys, Elena // Intersections;Jan2010, Issue 23, p14
An essay is presented on four books which were written by authors who were not sex workers and which focused on sex work, migration and human trafficking. It examines the ways that sex work is portrayed in books by Cleo Odzer, Elaine Jeffreys, Tiantian Zheng and Siddarth Kara. The author relates...
- Mobility of Sex Workers in European Cities. Siegel, Dina // European Journal on Criminal Policy & Research;2012, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p255
This article focuses on mobility as a crucial aspect of prostitution and human trafficking. I distinguish between horizontal (geographical) and vertical (organizational) mobility to analyze the context in which women, their families, agents, and other actors decide to move from one place to...
- Villages without women: Nepal's human trafficking epidemic. Jones, Chelsea Temple // Briarpatch;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p33
The article focuses on the issue concerning human trafficking in Nepal. It highlights the case of a woman, called under a pseudonym Muna, who had been sold into a sex trade. It explores the experience of the woman in the brothel where she had been taken to and its effect on her health. It also...
- Sex workers won't see AIDS funds. Sircar, Oishik // Asian Pacific Post;12/20/2007, p21
The author comments on the Emergency Fund for AIDS Relief of the U.S. President and its impact on sex workers. The author relates how the U.S. policy relating to the emergency fund affects the human trafficking efforts of countries such as Pakistan, India and Nepal. An overview of how sex...
- All sex workers can't be lumped into one category. Heinrichs, Brianna // South Asian Post;9/11/2014, p15
No abstract available.