Publishers Increasingly Look to Global Markets
- Ethridge Heads K-16, Dowling Takes on New Corporate Role at Pearson. // Electronic Education Report;4/7/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
The article announces the appointment of Will Ethridge as the head of the K-16 group by Pearson Education Inc. in New Jersey and Steve Dowling as senior vice president, corporate development and president at Pearson Inc. in New York.
- Cafta-DR conference gets underway. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;11/1/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p21
The article reports that the first Cafta-DR conference will be held on November 6 and 7, 2007 at the Puerto Rico Convention Center. Cafta-DR members make up the 13th largest export market in the world. under the trade regime, the exports of member countries enjoy preferential access to the Nafta...
- A 'BRICS' Wall? The Complexity of China-India Multilateral Politics. Panda, Jagannath P. // Indian Foreign Affairs Journal;Apr-Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p175
The article discusses the Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa (BRICS) forum and its implications and provisions regarding globalization and a non-Western order. It notes the alleged end of the American uni-polarity and its effect of a power shift distribution to other countries. It states...
- Conference call. // Revolution (14605953);Sep2008, p63
The article focuses on the "a4uexpo" marketing conference at ExCel London in England from October 14-15, 2008. The event aims to gather affiliates4u members for an update on the status of the sector and sessions that discuss issues concerning the industry. It notes several other programs of the...
- CALENDAR. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/20/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p19
The article presents information on upcoming events related to business in Detroit, Michigan. The meeting "The Creative Universe" will be held on January 7, 2005 at Ann Arbor IT Zone, 330 E. Liberty, Ann Arbor. Speaker of the meeting is Fred Adams, professor, department of physics, University of...
- NR/SR substitution appears better on paper than in reality. Zielasko, Dave // European Rubber Journal;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 191 Issue 4, p30
The article offers information on the 50th Annual General Meeting of the International Institute of Synthetic Rubber Producers, held May 12-14, 2009, in New York. Looking at the tyre market, Robert Simmons, head of rubber and tyre research for LMC International, said there are two components to...
- Dowling Takes on New Corporate Role at Pearson. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p1
The article announces that Steve Dowling was named senior vice president for corporate development and president of Pearson Inc. In New York City.
- Television. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/31/93, Vol. 123 Issue 22, p76
Reports on the appointment of Steve Dowling as assignment editor at Conus in Washington, District of Columbia. Previous position.
- GOING GLOBAL? Go East! Cakebread, Caroline // Canadian Investment Review;Summer2007, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p16
Highlights of the 2007 Global Investment Conference held in Whistler, British Columbia, is presented. Among the issues discussed were emerging markets in Asia, China in particular, global real estate, fixed income and currency, asset allocation and portfolio rebalancing. Among the presenters...