Overheard at the OLA 2011
- Hawkins Optical Turns 60, Adds AR Technology In-House. // Vision Monday;1/19/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p34
The article reports on the celebration of the 60th year in business of Hawkins Optical Laboratory in Topeka, Kansas by investing in new technology. Kevin Bargman, president and co-owner of the company, said he and his father, chairman and co-owner, Bud Bargman have invested in equipment and...
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT…Giving Back. Walker, Christie // LabTalk;Mar2011, Vol. 39 Issue 04A, p38
The article offers information on an August 19 to 22, 2010 volunteer eyesight clinic in Cuauhtemoc City, Mexico that was sponsored by the Lions in Sight of California and Nevada. The volunteer group consisted of Mike Francesconi of optical laboratory Katz and Klein, four optometrists and five...
- Industry News: THE OLA MEETING IN PICTURES. // LabTalk;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2E, p22
Photographs of several Optical Laboratories Association (OLA) meetings including Barney Woythaler, Harry Goaz and Ed Greene at the 10th Annual Hall of Fame Banquet, new OLA president Kevin Bargman at the 2010 OLA Board Swearing In and OLA Directors' Choice Award Recipient Dan L. Torgense at the...
- Koop, Edelman to speak at conference on health professions in the future. // Public Health Reports;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p145
States that two nationally prominent advocates of health care reform will keynote the Bureau of Health Professions' 25th anniversary conference, `Healers for the 21st Century: The Future of the Health Professions.' Surgeon General C. Everett Koop and Marian Wright Edelman, head of the...
- Dr. Cardin To Discuss Healthcare Bill. Archer, Deborah J. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);5/12/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p5
The article offers information on an interactive discussion regarding Healthcare Reform Law with Dr. Virginia Cardin to be held in Bulverde, Texas on May 13, 2010.
- Advancing Research in the Era of Healthcare Reform: The 19th Annual HMO Research Network Conference, April 16-18, 2013, San Francisco, California. Copeland, Laurel A.; Zeber, John E. // Clinical Medicine & Research;Sep2013, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p120
The article reports on the 19th Annual health maintenance organizations (HMO) Research Network Conference, held from April 16-18, 2013 in San Francisco, California. The event featured speeches from health care industry experts such as John Steiner and Mark McClellan. Topics discussed include...
- TRUST ANNUAL MEETING. // Maine Community Banker;2010 4th Quarter, p10
The article discusses the highlights of the Annual Meeting of the Maine Financial Institutions Insurance Trust which was held on September 30, 2010 at the Samoset Resort in Rockport, where participants dealt with the issue of health care reform and elected new members to the Benefits and...
- Saturday, July 26th. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2008, Vol. 82 Issue 7, pLS-17
The article offers information on an event which will discuss issues related to reform in the health care industry on July 26, 2008.
- Health care reform addressed in symposium. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter91, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p151
Discusses health care reform addressed at the eleventh annual Montgomery Dorsey Symposium in Vail, Colorado. Dr. Gail Wilensky's keynote address in the symposium; Other keynote speakers in the event; Implication of the conference.