Australia urged to introduce more regulations for offshore development
- NO PUBLIC INPUT? Prentice, George // Boise Weekly;7/27/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the additions and changes on the rules for the oil and gas exploration in Idaho.
- Ionian, Aegean Sea prospects enhanced by new petroleum legislation. // Offshore;Jun95, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p38
Reports on the provisions of a law which has to be ratified by the Greek parliament concerning oil and gas exploration and development rights. Assigment of rights to the state-owned company DEO-EKY; Types of contract; Terms for offshore exploration areas; DEP-EKY's intention to award...
- Letter to the Editor. Smith, Edward J. // Munday Courier (TX);10/22/2008, Vol. 35 Issue 46, p5
A letter to the editor is presented which remarks on the laws regarding oil exploration in the U.S.
- Sakhalin offshore search interest strong, despite poor legislative progress. Beckman, Jeremy // Offshore;Feb2000, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p58
Reports on the efforts to increase the oil exploration activities offshore Sakhalin Island, Russia. Legislative barriers; Discovery of heavy faulting in the potential reservoirs; Optimism on the drilling activity. INSET: Geology, drilling prospects for Sakhalin IV-IX.
- Governor signs 'fracking' transparency bill. STERLING, ED // Graham Leader;7/20/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 97, p5A
The article reports on the move of Texas Governor Rick Perry to sign House Bill 3328, whcih addresses the use of hydraulic fracturing to break up substrata to find pockets of oil and gas in the area.
- Venezuela poised to open oil fields to foreigners. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;4/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 92, p8
Focuses on the consideration of a legislation allowing access of foreign firms for oil exploration and production by Venezuela congress. Proposal of the legislation by the national oil company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA) in 1994; Important oil source for US; Effects of the proposal; Details...
- LEBANON-ECONOMY. // Middle East Reporter (Weekly Edition);1/6/2012, Vol. 144 Issue 1283, p9
The article reports on the approval of a draft legislation by the Lebanese cabinet which paves way for work on oil and gas exploration throughout water and land territories in Lebanon.
- A first step to serve future generations: Unlock oil shale in Colo., Wyo. and Utah. Upton, Fred // Hill;6/25/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 75, pS12
The article focuses on the impact of the approval of the Interior appropriations bill that blocks the commercial exploration for oil shale on public lands in the U.S.
- Honorable Peter DeFazio. // Congressional Digest;Sep2008, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p210
Excerpts are presented of remarks made by U.S. Representative Peter DeFazio during floor debate on legislation on petroleum prospecting on federal lands.