Cable Politics Make It Hot Time to Gather at Independent Show
- CTAM Readies Confab. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;10/6/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p15
Information about the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing annual conference held from November 9-11, 2008 in Boston, Massachusetts is presented. Topics include future agendas for the cable market and new operational models essential for the industry. The event featured several...
- End of a Run for Cable? FARRELL, MIKE // Multichannel News;11/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p6
The article reports on New York City New York City Television Week held between October 28-30, 2013 where MoffettNathanson Research partner and senior analyst Craig Moffett stressed that the cable stocks' unprecedented run between 2011 and 2013 could be nearing a plateau due to the threat of...
- Murdoch: Monetize Online Content. Hardesty, Linda // Communications Technology;May2009, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p13
The article offers information regarding the issues discussed by several cable television networks at the Cable Show session "Prime Time in the Global Village" in April 2009. Rupert Murdoch, chief executive officer of News Corp., has talked about the economy, politics, and cable. The session...
- THEY SAID IT...AT MIPCOM. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2014, Vol. 143 Issue 38, p4
No abstract available.
- NCTA Sets the Date â€” Again. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/7/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p26
The article underscores the rescheduling of NCTA of Cable Show '09. It states that this event which was originally scheduled to be conducted on April 5-8, 2008 has been moved to April 1-3, 2008 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Moreover, the event will serve as the anchor for the...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;2/10/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p15
A calendar of events related to the cable industry in February-March 2014 in the U.S. is presented which includes the 2014 Southwest Cable Communications Association Annual Meeting, the Krewe of Louisiana Cable Show and the CableLabs Winter Conference.
- TV Execs Discuss Trends, Disarray. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p8
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. Tim Herbert, senior research director for the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), observes a 46 percent decline in the prices of digital television displays, which have seen significant...
- Tech Strikes a Chord at TV Confab. Rinaldi, Jennifer // Communications Technology;Dec2007, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on the fifth annual Future of Television conference in Manhattan, New York City. It was observed that television industry leaders are testing the consumer appeal, economic feasibility and technology of several new devices. Their goal is to find a device that would be found...
- MIP REPLACEMENT OPERATION WORKS. Tsang, Susan // Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 4, p58
Provides information on the Asia Television Forum held on December 6-8, 2000 held in Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort on Sentosa Island, Singapore. Complaints of Carsey Werner vice president Rajiv Dhawn; Format of the forum; Organizer of the forum.