What's New in Total Hip Arthroplasty
- Hip Arthroscopy Improves Symptoms Associated with FAI in Selected Adolescent Athletes. Fabricant, Peter; Heyworth, Benton; Kelly, Bryan // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Jan2012, Vol. 470 Issue 1, p261
Background: Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) is increasingly diagnosed in young and middle-aged patients. Although arthroscopic procedures are becoming frequently used in the treatment of FAI, there are little data regarding rates of complications or the ability of hip arthroscopy to improve...
- Does the Nature of Chondrolabral Injury Affect the Results of Open Surgery for Femoroacetabular Impingement? Peters, Christopher; Anderson, Lucas; Diaz-Ledezma, Claudio; Anderson, Mike; Parvizi, Javad // Clinical Orthopaedics & Related Research;Apr2015, Vol. 473 Issue 4, p1342
Background: The degree to which patient characteristics, clinical outcomes, and the nature, severity, and corresponding treatment of chondrolabral injury in femoroacetabular impingement (FAI) is associated with failure after surgery is incompletely understood. Questions/purposes: (1) Are patient...
- Fitness findings. // American Fitness;Jul/Aug96, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p13
Presents some of the topics covered at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons' 63rd annual meeting. Women athletes' high risk for knee injuries; Need for better safety gear for in-line skating; Wrist exercises that help prevent or decrease the median nerve pressure responsible for carpal...
- CSDP helps advance orthopaedics. // AAOS Now;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p48
The article offers information on the annual Clinician Scholar Development Program of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Research Development Committee in 2011.
- Disclose, document all off-label use, attorney says. Rapp, Susan M. // Orthopedics Today;Jul2009, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p44
The article discusses the highlights of a symposium held at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 76th Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada, from February 25 to 28, 2009.
- Young investigators sought. // AAOS Now;Nov2011, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p44
The article offers information on the 2012 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)/Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS) Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI) Research Symposium to be held on May 9-11, 2012 in Chicago, Illinois wherein AAOS is sponsoring five Young Investigator participants.
- AAOS sponsors comparative effectiveness research symposium. // AAOS Now;May2011, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p12
The article offers information on the symposium concerning comparative effectiveness research (CER) sponsored by American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) from May 19-21, 2011 in Washington D.C.
- Holtz to Bring The Fighting Spirit to AAOS Meeting. // Orthopedic Design & Technology;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p62
The article offers information on the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting to be held at the San Diego Convention Center in California from February-19, 2011.
- Get the most from the 2011 AAOS Annual Meeting. McKee, Jennie // AAOS Now;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p6
The article offers information on the 2011 American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Annual Meeting to be held in San Diego, California starting February 15, 2011.