New Threats Demand New Alliances
- Enabled By Design announces physical hacking weekend. Banks, Tom // Design Week (Online Edition);9/24/2012, p5
The article offers information on the Enabled by Design-Athon to be held on November 2-3, 2012 at Ravensbourne, Greenwich Peninsula in London, England.
- Maine Banks, Security Vendor Plan Cybercrime Forum. Rapport, Marc // Credit Union Times;10/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p26
The article offers information on the Cybercrime 2010 Symposium to be held at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel & Conference Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire on November 4-5, 2010.
- 'Digital Crimes Consortium 2011: Turning the Tables Against Cybercrime'. // EventDV;Dec2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, Special section p21
The article presents the highlights of the annual Digital Crimes Consortium (DCC) conference that was hosted by Microsoft Digital Crimes unit in 2011 to discuss the latest issues in the fight against cybercrime around the world.
- WHAT SHOULD YOU BE DOING TO ENSURE CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SAFE ONLINE? // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;1/16/2008, p32
The article offers information on the cyber-safety and cyberbullying conference to be hosted by the "Children & Young People Now" magazine in London, England on January 28, 2008.
- General Dynamics' Knifefish Successfully Completes CDR. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;4/8/2013, Vol. 258 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the successful completion of General Dynamics Advanced Information Systems Inc. regarding the critical design review of its Knifefish, the surface-mine countermeasure unmanned undersea vehicle. It notes that Knifefish helps commanders with mine-hunting capabilities and is...
- Lou Von Thaer. KIMERY, ANTHONY // HS Today;Aug/Sep2014, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p48
The article features Lou Von Thaer, president of innovative technology and sector expertise provider Leidos National Security Sector. It mentions the expectation of Thaer for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to pursue standardization, accelerate its use of defense-in-depth in...
- Bringing CEOs Into the Loop on Security. Townsend, Frances Fragos // Fortune;6/12/2006, Vol. 153 Issue 11, p34
The article presents an interview with Frances Fragos Townsend, assistant to United States President George W. Bush for homeland security and counterterrorism. Topics discussed include the line between security and public privacy, consulting CEOs on potential terrorist attacks, and information...
- Interest Groups. Casey, Winter // National Journal;5/10/2008, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
The article announces the appointment of individuals at several interest groups in 2008, including Frances Fragos Townsend as a consultant to U.S. Chamber of Commerce president Thomas Donohue and Rita Aguilar as director at the watchdog group Justice at Stake Campaign.
- Executive Branch: FRANCES FRAGO TOWNSEND. Caruso, Lisa; Ferris, Nancy; Gorman, Siobhan; Harris, Shane; Kukis, Mark; Peters, Katherine McIntire; Tugend, Alina // Government Executive;2/15/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p7
The article presents information on Frances Frago Townsend, National Director for Combating Terrorism. Responsible for tracking global terrorism for the National Security Council, Townsend has a knack for bridging communication gaps gracefully. As a senior Justice Department official under...