Seeking order out of global health chaos
- Providers are warned of more cuts to come. Berklan, James M. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Jan2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p1
The article presents information related to federal spending cut to medicare in the U.S. by the inaction of debt reduction "super committee" of President Barack Obama.
- EUROPE STANDS UP FOR HEALTH -- STRATEGIES AND ACTION PLANS RESPONDING TO THE CHALLENGES FACING HEALTH IN THE REGION TODAY. Jakab, Zsuzsanna // Central European Journal of Public Health;2011, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p177
The article discusses the highlights of the 61st Session of the World Health Organization (WHO) Regional Committee for Europe which was held in Azerbaijan from September 12 to 15, 2011. It states that the committee has endorsed an unprecedented number of strategies and action plans to address...
- Health Care Reform. // Human Ecology;Nov2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p25
Information about a symposium "Healthcare Reform: The Economics of 'Pay or Play' Employer Mandates," held in September 2007 in the U.S. is presented. The symposium included a distinguished group of economists and policy analysts for a public policy discussion of the intended and unintended...
- COMMISSIONER FRIEDEN TO OUTLINE THE CITY'S HEALTH CARE AGENDA. // Crain's New York Business;11/13/2006, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p40
The article presents information about the Breakfast Forum on public health organized by the journal "Crain's New York Business," which will be held on November 15, 2006 at Park Avenue, New York City.
- Are You the Missing Piece of the Public Health Puzzle? // Florida Nurse;Mar2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p22
The article provides information on the 2009 Florida Public Health Association/Southern Health Association Joint Annual Educational Conference to be held August 4-6 in Florida.
- (TELEHEALTH) Stanford U. Hosts Conference May 24-25. // Community Health Funding Week;5/14/2010, p23
The article informs that a conference on telehealth, Mobile Health 2010 will be hosted by the Persuasive Technology Lab at Stanford University on May 24-25, 2010.
- (EVENTS) Meeting will Look at More Between Academic, 'Real World' Public Health. // Community Health Funding Week;3/18/2011, p14
The article offers information on the meeting of the Council on Linkages Between Academic and Public Health Practice that will be held on March 28, 2011.
- Health priorities given full airing. Hansford, Jennifer // Windspeaker;Nov2009, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p22
Information about several topics discussed at a meeting sponsored by the North East Local Health Integration Network in Sudbury, Ontario on October 20, 2010 to address health issues faced by Aboriginal people is presented.
- WFPHA Meeting to Convene in Calcutta. // American Journal of Public Health;Sep90, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p982
The article offers information on the World Federation of Public Health Associations convention to be held in Calcutta in February 1981.