A wealth of ideas for lean times
- More than WORD PLAY. Johnson, Rebecca // People Management;7/10/2008, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p20
The article focuses on the changes in job titles that are believed to reflect the wider remit of senior human resources people. According to Linda Holbeche, CIPD director of research and policy, this is a new trend that is caused by several organization's effort to give greater recognition to...
- Quotes from the conference. // Personnel Today;11/23/2004, p3
The article presents quotations by human resource (HR) consultants presented at the conference on HR strategy for competitive advantage. Jane King, editor of the periodical "Personnel Today" commented that it is all about being a businessperson first and an HR person second. Linda Holbeche,...
- Events. // Human Resources (09648380);Apr2009, p56
A calendar of events related to executive meetings in Great Britain from April to May 2009 is presented, which includes "HRD 2009," "Public Sector People Managers' Association Annual Conference," and "Human Resources Forum."
- Go beyond your remit to be taken seriously by the top table, HR told. Chubb, Laura // People Management;11/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p13
The article reports on the message of Linda Holbeche, research and policy director at the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), at the Roffey Park Institute's human resource (HR) business partner conference in Sussex, England in October 2007. According to her, HR must take...
- Boudreau Named Winner of 2013 Research Award. // HR Magazine;Oct2013, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p81
The article announces that John W. Boudreau has received the 2013 Michael R. Losey Human Resources Research Award.
- HR Leadership. // People Management;1/28/2010, p32
The article reviews the book " HR Leadership," by Linda Holbeche.
- Staff involvement is vital to get changes working. // Personnel Today;10/28/2003, p7
No abstract available.
- EDITOR'S TALKING POINT. Crabb, Steve // People Management;4/5/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p5
The article offers updates on the field of personnel management in Great Britain. "People Management" had more than a thousand live job adverts on its web site at www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/jobs. Duncan Brown has left the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), while Linda...
- EVENT CALENDAR. // Workforce Management;2/26/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 4, p12
A calendar of events related to personnel management are presented. The Gartner Business Intelligence & Information Management Summit will be held on February 27-28, 2007 in Sydney, Australia. A conference entitled Using Technology to Add Value Throughout the Organization will be held on...