SHATTERED: AFTERWORD FOR DEFINING RACE, A JOINT SYMPOSIUM OF THE ALBANY LAW REVIEW AND THE ALBANY JOURNAL Of SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Court Upholds Bakke in 'Reverse Discrimination' Case. Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Aug78, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p1277
Focuses on the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the reverse discrimination case 'Regents of the University of California v. Bakke.' Details of the case; Court opinion on the university's admission policy; Justification of the court decision.
- Back to Bakke. Eastland, Terry // American Spectator;Jan1995, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p58
Focuses on the Supreme Court case `Regents of the University of California versus Bakke.' Use in the Cheryl Hapwood versus the University of Texas School of Law case; Details on the case.
- Affirmative Action Did Not Boost Minority Enrollment at
Law, Medical Schools, Say Authors of Book on Bakke Ruling Results. // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;1/16/2003, p11
The article reports on the argument of political scientists that the 1978 legal ruling in the Bakke case did not significantly increase or decrease minority enrollments at U.S. medical and law schools. In that regard, if the court decided to overturn Bakke, it would destabilize admission...
- BAN RACIAL PREFERENCES, BUT KEEP AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. Taylor Jr., Stuart // National Journal;4/14/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p1082
Focuses on issues concerning United States Supreme Court's decisions on racial preferences in admissions to universities. Opinion of late Justice Lewis F. Powell, Jr. on the University of California Regents versus Bakke case in 1978; Implications of the decision to the Bakke case; Background of...
- RACE, ADMISSIONS, AND THE COURTS. Gorman, Siobhan // National Journal;4/14/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p1117
Discusses conflicts concerning affirmative action in the admissions policies of United States (U.S.) universities as of April 2001. Decision of the U.S. Supreme Court on the University of California Regents versus Bakke case in 1978; Percentage of people from the U.S. who preferred U.S. Supreme...
- What Does Bakke's Sound and Fury Signify? Young, Rowland L. // American Bar Association Journal;Aug78, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p1277
Summarizes U.S. Supreme Court rulings compiled as of August 1978. Court judgement in 'Regents of the University of California v. Bakke'; Legal significance of a court decision holding that the Tellico Dam in Tennessee River could not be completed because it would endanger the snail darter;...
- Racial Diversity in Higher Education. // Supreme Court Debates;May2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p129
Focuses on a Supreme Court case, Regents of the University of California V. Bakke of 1978 regarding racial diversity in higher education. Impact of the case on admission policies of universities; Details of various lawsuits which contested the 'Bakke' case; Total number of Amicus briefs filed...
- Bakke and Its Progeny. // Supreme Court Debates;May2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p133
Presents a court review of the Supreme Court case, Regents of the University of California v. Bakke ruling in 1978 regarding racial preferences in student admission to colleges. Impact of the case on admission procedures in universities; Details of judicial divide over the ruling in the Bakke case.
- Regents of the University of California v. Bakke. // Supreme Court Cases: The Dynamic Court (1930-1999);1999, pN.PAG
Presents the case Regents of the University of California v. Bakke argued before the United States Supreme Court. Opening statements; Decision of the Court; Comments by the judges.