International food safety meeting sets melamine limits
- Introduction. // WHO Technical Report Series;2009, Issue 954, p1
Information on several topics discussed at the Joint Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)/ World Health Organization (WHO) Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA) meeting in Geneva, Switzerland on October 21-29, 2008 is presented. It mentions that David Heymann opened...
- Ractopamine Standards Approved by Codex. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;7/ 9/2012, p6
The article reports that global food safety standards for ractopamine have been adopted by Codex Alimentarius Commission.
- Codex Commission Adopts Global Standards For Ractopamine Hydrochloride. Rutherford, Burt // Beef Expert Blog;7/5/2012, p3
The article reports that the Codex Alimentarius Commission (Codex) will adopt its final report for global food safety standards for ractopamine hydrochloride on July 7, 2012. Ractopamine is a growth promotant used in cattle and pigs. The standard by Codex will establish international standards...
- Food safety and trade issues. Kilgallen, Brian // Veterinary Ireland Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p547
The article offers information regarding food safety and trade issue through decisions made by Codex Alimentarius to recognize an MRL for the growth-promoting substance Ractopamine.
- Global standards for ractopamine hydrochloride. // BEEF;Aug2012, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p7
The article reports on the adoption of global food safety standards for the growth promotant ractopamine hydrochloride by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, an international organization that develops guidelines and standards for food safety.
- Codex Alimentarius Commission: Meeting of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses. Stuck, Karen // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;10/12/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 197, p63280
The article announces that a public meeting will be conducted on October 20, 2011 in Maryland which aims to provide information on the 33rd Session of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU) of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (Codex).
- Good Manufacturing and Hygienic Practices at Small and Medium Scale Pineapple Processing Enterprises in Rwanda. Mukantwali, Christine; Laswai, Henry; Tiisekwa, Bendantunguka; Wiehler, Simeon // Food Science & Quality Management;2013, Vol. 13, p15
The purpose of this study was to assess the compliance of small and medium scale pineapple processing enterprises in Rwanda to the Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Good Hygiene Practices (GHP) as set by the national, regional and Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) food safety and hygiene...
- Ractopamine Standards. // Canadian Meat Business;Jul/Aug2012, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the approved international standards for feed additive ractopamine from the Codex Alimentarius Commission of the United Nations. The Canadian beef and pork producers have applauded the new rule for facilitating science-based trade and creating new opportunities for the...
- Safety doesn't have to be protectionist. Rice, James // Food Processing (00156523);Oct2007, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p11
The author calls for governments to distinguish between prudence and protectionism as they determine safety standards for imported food products. According to the author, world health authorities such as the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) and the United Nations Codex Alimentarus...