G8 Summit: sorting out the supplicants
- G8 Summit: a final test of credibility. Webster, Paul Christopher // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;8/10/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 11, pE499
Information about several topics discussed at the Group of Eight Summit on funding maternal and child health programs is presented. Topics include the strengthening health systems, family planning, and primary health care. The summit featured several health consultants including Bev Oda, Jeffrey...
- WORLD. Kilborn, Robert; Nichols, Judy; Cook, Stephanie // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 168, p24
Presents world-related news briefs as of July 21, 2000 including information on the Group of Eight (G-8) annual meeting which will take place on Okinawa in Japan.
- YEMEN-UK. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);1/27/2010, Vol. 190 Issue 4777, p11
The article offers information on the international meeting which involves the Group of Eight organization to be held in London, England.
- Behind the Okinawa Summit. Stockton, Jim // Earth Island Journal;Autumn2000, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p22
Deals with the staging of the Group of Eight (G8) 2000 Summit in Okinawa, Japan. Background of the anti-United States protests of Okinawa; Benefits offered by the government of Japan to bribe Okinawans in hosting the summit; Amount spent for the construction of the conference hall to be used in...
- G8 urged to act on food crisis and health. Fleck, Fiona // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;Jul2008, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p503
The article offers information on the Group of Eight (G8) summit to be held in Hokkaido, Japan on July 7 to 9, 2008.
- Turkish Foreign Minister Sees Positive Atmosphere in Mideast. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;6/22/2009, p4
The article reports on an announcement which was made by Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu on June 26, 2009 in Trieste, Italy. In the announcement Davutoglu offered his opinions on international relations issues and suggested that he felt that there was a positive psychological atmosphere...
- Nowhere to hide. // Nature;7/16/2009, Vol. 460 Issue 7253, p307
The article discusses the issues tackled at the Group of Eight (G8) annual summit held July 16, 2009 in L'Aquila, Italy. The leaders of G8 nations have pledged to prevent the rise of global temperature, but have not committed to reducing industrial carbon emissions before 2050. For the goal to...
- Calendar highlights. // OECD Observer;May2012, Issue 290/291, p80
A calendar of world events is presented which include the 18th Africa Partnership Forum on April 24-26, 2012, the G8 Summit on May 15-22, 2012 and the G20 Labour Ministerial on May 16-18, 2012.
- Cash-cow west has `got milk' for Russia. MacKenzie, Jean // Christian Science Monitor;6/5/98, Vol. 90 Issue 133, p6
Focuses on a meeting of the Group of Eight in Paris, France to discuss a rescue effort for Russia. Predictions of analysts that further loans could worsen the situation there by perpetuating a shaky and corrupt system; Comments of Tatyana Matsuk of the Academy of Science's Institute for...